Bachelor's Achieve Grant
You're eligible for a $6,000 grant—distributed evenly over 6 quarters—when you begin an eligible Bachelor of Science (BS) program between January and March 2013, pass your first course, and enroll in 7 or more credits in each quarter of the grant term.
- Must meet Capella University admission requirements.
- Must be a new student starting a BS program at Capella University between January 7 and March 4, 2013. Capella alumni and former students re-applying to the university are also eligible.
- Must be accepted into a Bachelor of Science degree program in the School of Undergraduate Studies. See grant application for a list of all eligible programs.
- Maintain good academic standing (3.01.04 Academic Standing).
- Must successfully pass your first course.
- Following your first course, must enroll in 7 or more credits in each quarter of the grant period.
How to apply for grant:
- Submit the Capella University online admission application. If you have already applied to Capella University, skip this step.
- Complete the Bachelor's Achieve Grant application.
- Once you are admitted to Capella, begin courses between January 7 and March 4, 2013.
Grant Application Deadline:
Apply before your course begins and no later than Monday, March 4, 2013. Applications received after this date will not be considered.
- The Bachelor's Achieve Grant can be applied only to a Bachelor of Science program in the School of Undergraduate Studies; see grant application for a list of eligible programs.
- The $6,000 grant will be applied to your Capella account equally over 6 consecutive quarters ($1000 per quarter) during the third week of each quarter. The first grant disbursement will follow the schedule below:
|Start date||Date of first grant disbursement|
|January 7, 2013||April 2013|
|February 4 or March 4, 2013||July 2013|
You must pass your first course, which will start between January and March 2013, and be enrolled in 7 or more credits in order to receive this disbursement.
- If you do not remain continuously enrolled, or do not remain enrolled through the first 2 weeks of the quarter, the award for the missed quarter will be forfeited.
- If you are not enrolled in 7 or more credits in a quarter, the award for that quarter will be forfeited.
- If you do not use the full grant award, you will not be eligible for a cash disbursement or any other compensation equal to the value of the grant award.
- Recipients of the Bachelor's Achieve Grant are not eligible for other Capella grants.
- The grant may decrease the amount of financial aid funds available to you.
- The Bachelor’s Achieve Grant is intended to address your cost of attendance, including, but not limited to, tuition and fees.
- Capella University faculty and staff are not eligible for the grant.
Call an enrollment counselor at 1-866-808-0865 to learn more about this grant opportunity and to explore Capella programs.
Please print for your records