Department of Defense Information Assurance Scholarship Program 2013
Apply by Feb. 4, 2013
Information Assurance Scholarship Program
Capella learners are eligible to apply for the annual U.S. Department of Defense (DoD) Information Assurance Scholarship Program because Capella is one of a select group of institutions that have been designated as Centers for Academic Excellence in Information Assurance Education (CAEIAE) by the National Security Agency (NSA) and the U.S. Department of Homeland Security (DHS).
- Full tuition, books, and expenses for one year.
- $17,000 stipend for undergraduate students; $22,000, graduate students.
- Information security internship with the Department of Defense and a professional position with the federal government at the completion of your program. Most internships are located in the Washington, D.C. area. This scholarship program requires you to fulfill a period of service with the DoD.
To be eligible for this scholarship, you must:
- Be enrolled in a Capella University degree program as of March 2013, pursuing a course of study in or related to computer and network security.
- Have a minimum GPA of 3.2 for undergraduate learners; 3.5 for graduate learners.
- Undergraduate students: have junior or senior status. Graduate students: be in first or second year of a master's program or pursuing doctoral studies.
- Not be a current employee of the Department of Defense.
- Be a U.S. citizen at the time of application.
- Fulfill necessary security requirements.
Note: Recipients may hold jobs during the scholarship, but must maintain full-time enrollment and GPA requirements for the duration of the scholarship.
- Read the Scholarship Application Background and Requirements and the information on the Department of Defense Website.
- Review and complete the DoD Scholarship Application. You MUST use this application form. Return the following documents to Capella at ScholarshipsGrants@capella.edu.
The scholarship application includes:
- Department of Defense application form.
- Current resume.
- Letter of reference from a current faculty member (on Capella University letterhead).
- Additional letter of reference from a current or former faculty member OR current or former supervisor (on official letterhead).
- Official (certified) transcripts from all institutions attended.*
- Academic honors, distinctions and awards list.
- Supplemental Competency Statement: Knowledge, Skills, and Attributes (narrative).
- Veteran status documentation, if applicable.*
- Submit the signed scholarship application and all supplemental information, including the above listed items, to Capella University no later than February 4, 2013. Email your application and additional information to ScholarshipsGrants@capella.edu.
- Capella's scholarship committee will evaluate each application, identify recommended applicants, and forward all applications to the Department of Defense.
- The DoD will make final scholarship award determination.
- Applicants will be notified in May 2013.
Application deadline is February 4, 2013. Late or incomplete applications will not be considered.
For more program details, visit Capella's DoD Information Assurance Scholarship Program website, or view the Frequently Asked Questions or the DoD FAQ.
If you have additional questions, contact the Scholarships and Grants team at ScholarshipsGrants@capella.edu.