Capella at 20: Changing Education, Changing Lives

February 8, 2013

As we continue to celebrate Capella’s 20th anniversary, I am thrilled to introduce another exceptional Capella graduate, Tiffany Burns, who shares her Capella experience in her own words:
Capella graduate, Tiffany Burns

Capella graduate, Tiffany Burns

“I must first say that I LOVE higher education! I have worked at the West Virginia School of Osteopathic Medicine since 2005. A few years into my position, I wanted a change and a challenge, and I have always loved human resources. I started researching regionally accredited institutions that offered a program that was HR specific and found Capella – a college that was accredited, that looked at current SHRM standards, and kept up with their curriculum (which I found to be above and beyond true!)

I started my program in 2006. I LOVED IT! I felt challenged, that the content was relevant, and the professors were knowledgeable and extremely helpful. When people ask me about online education, specifically Capella, I tell them it was challenging. Online education is more self-focused and self-directed; it truly takes good time management. I tell them how I still feel like I’m a part of the institution.

I graduated from Capella in December 2007 with a 4.0, and I’m proud of that! In 2010, I was hired in our Human Resources office as a Senior Human Resources Representative. I love my job! We were even recognized as one of the Great Colleges to Work For from The Chronicle of Higher Education. I like to think I was a big part of that honor!

Without my education and experience at Capella, I would not be where I am today. The professors gave me the insight to do my job. I am truly going places, and again, I love higher education, specifically Capella University.”