Capella at 20: Changing Education, Changing Lives. Meet Narketta.

February 15, 2013

As we continue to celebrate Capella’s 20th anniversary, we are proud to introduce another inspiring Capella learner, Narketta Sparkman, who shares her Capella experience in her own words:

Capella graduate, Narketta Sparkman

Capella graduate, Narketta Sparkman

“I love my Capella experience. I had some challenges, but the relationships I made out weighed the challenges. The willingness of instructors to go above and beyond for you is unparalleled. I have worked with Career Services and received exceptional service. Everything they told me came to pass. Capella is special to me because of my instructors and mentor. I have made life-long relationships with staff. Dr. Muldrow and Dr. Morgan-Gardner were the best mentors ever. I am now Assistant Professor Tenure Track at Old Dominion University. I teach and conduct research in the field of human services. My degree was the icing on the cake. I would not have gotten here without Capella!”

P.S. Narketta was also recently selected to receive an Outstanding Human Service Student award from The National Organization for Human Services (NOHS).

One Response to "Capella at 20: Changing Education, Changing Lives. Meet Narketta."

1. Jesse M. Wesley says:

It is always refreshing to see a young women do well in life and have great comments about her journey. It is even greater to see that she gives credit to the school, those who have helped and mentored her along the way. We need more people in the Human Services field who can shine as a reflection of Capella by receiving rewards that shows their character as a graduate and a human being!