Capella’s Commencement Champion

March 12, 2013

Today’s guest blog blogger is Jeff Baidoo, New Learner Experience Coordinator for Capella University and Capella’s first Commencement Champion. Jeff was selected as part of the Commencement Champion Competition held in January, and he will represent Capella staff at commencement. He will share his journey and experience live from commencement via Twitter. While in Long Beach, Jeff will join the Commencement team, faculty and academic leadership to create a celebratory experience for Capella graduates and guests, and he will help engage virtual grads through social media.

Jeff Baidoo, Capella's Commencement Champion

Jeff Baidoo, Capella’s Commencement Champion

For those who don’t know, Capella’s next commencement is this Saturday in Long Beach, California. And I am so proud to have been voted by Capella University staff as Capella’s first “Commencement Champion”! I will serve as an ambassador in Long Beach, California, and represent Capella staff and faculty at the commencement ceremonies. I encourage you to follow all the excitement by following me on Twitter at @CapellaJeff, as well as the #CapellaGrad hashtag.

I’m elated to watch all the hard work, dedication and personal motivations of our learners come to a celebratory end at commencement. The culmination of the perseverance and will of our learners to overcome obstacles and unexpected challenges, as well as the extraordinary effort to achieve success, is truly remarkable. As the child of parents who immigrated to Canada from Ghana to pursue their higher education, I have the deepest respect for those who make sacrifices to further their education. That is why I am so proud to be Capella’s Commencement Champion.

Please join me in offering a heartfelt congratulations to all of the Capella graduates!

One Response to "Capella’s Commencement Champion"

1. Meghann Mckasy says:

@CapellaJeff you are awesome!!!!!! Well done!