Capella learners are eligible to apply for the annual U.S. Department of Defense (DoD) Information Assurance Scholarship Program because Capella is one of a select group of institutions that have been designated as Centers for Academic Excellence in Information Assurance Education (CAEIAE) by the National Security Agency (NSA) and the U.S. Department of Homeland Security (DHS).
- Full tuition, books, and expenses for one year.
- $14,000 stipend ($19,000 for graduate students).
- Information security internship with the Department of Defense and a professional position with the federal government at the completion of the learner’s program. This internship requires you to fulfill a period of service with DoD. Most internships are located in Washington, D.C.
To be eligible for this scholarship, you must
- Be enrolled in a Capella University degree program as of March 2011, pursuing a course of study in or related to computer and network security .
- Have a minimum GPA of 3.2 for undergraduate learners, or 3.5 for graduate learners.
- Not be a current employee of the Department of Defense.
- Be a U.S. citizen at the time of application.
Note: Recipients may hold jobs during the scholarship, but must maintain full-time enrollment and GPA requirements during the duration of the scholarship.
- Capella’s scholarship committee for the Department of Defense Information Assurance and Security Program (DoD IASP) will evaluate each application, identify recommended applicants, and forward all applications to the Department of Defense.
- The DoD will make final scholarship award determination.
- Please note that applications are currently not being accepted.
- The scholarship is offered once per year. Applications are typically due early February.
If you have additional questions, contact the Scholarships and Grants team at Scholarships_grants@capella.edu