A leading international mining company headquartered in Phoenix, Arizona, operates long-lived, geographically diverse assets on four continents, with significant proven and probable reserves of copper, gold and molybdenum.
As a core value, they pledge to continuously improve in meeting their commitment to work in the most safe, inclusive, environmentally and socially responsible manner practicable. Safety and health initiatives, both on and off the job, are a critically important investment in our employees.
As a member of the Architecture team, the desktop architect will lead, facilitate, analyze and design processes and tasks required for the development of the company’s end user computing architecture. Analyze technologies and recommend upgrades/changes based on assessments of the organization’s current and future desktop needs
- Design system solutions and create implementation and support models for technology encompassing a specific specialization or platform.
- Create both short and long-term enterprise system technology roadmaps based on an understanding of the organizational strategic requirements, technology context and business needs
- Define and review reports to ensure all services are completely and successfully delivered. Proactively intervene to correct problems when they are encountered. Use metrics to improve processes
- Work effectively with other IS teams and outsourcing provider(s) to ensure technology solutions are effectively managed and performed
- Ensure a thorough analysis of service results, and respond to any escalated service delivery issues
- Assess organization’s current and future technology needs. Set direction and lead improvements of techniques, methodologies and deliverables
- Perform other duties as required.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Information Systems or related field or related experience
- Eight (8) years of experience in the information services, which includes five (5) years experience with desktop systems technologies
- Strong understanding of Infrastructure design and support concepts
- Demonstrated experience in security compliance and system configuration management
- Demonstrated troubleshooting and problem solving skills
- Demonstrated customer oriented verbal and written skills
- Microsoft Windows architecture experience (Windows 7 is a must)
- Virtual desktop and thin client systems experience
- Microsoft SCCM
- Desktop image development and deployment
- Citrix platform experience
- Mobile Device Support (Smartphones, Tablets etc..)
- Large enterprise desktop architecture experience (15K or above)
4110 N Scottsdale Road, #380
Scottsdale, AZ 85251
Phone (800) 276-6306
Mobile (720) 339-1361
Local (480) 947-1441 X 235
Fax (480) 947-1580