You are cordially invited to the Information Assurance and Security monthly talk. Please join us for this exciting event, and forward to anyone who may be interested.
The purpose of the Capella IAS Speaker Series is to provide education and information important to the IAS community
• Who? — Speakers can be experts in the field, business partners, faculty, students, and current graduates. Students can use this forum as a way to present their research or in an area of their expertise. Experts will be asked to present in an area of their expertise on a timely topic in the IAS field.
• What? — Current events, important IAS topics, and research important to the IAS community.
• When? — Once a month starting in July. All presentations will be recorded and put on the IAS community website.
• How?– Presentations will be an hour in length with a Q&A period, and will be delivered using Adobe Connect. Some presentations could be a panel discussion with questions and answers from the audience.
• Why? — To contribute to Capella’s IAS center of excellence in IA education and the larger IAS community.
Meeting Name: Capella IAS Speaker Series
Summary: The Capella IAS Speaker Series
Invited By: Keith Morneau & Mansour Sharha KEITH.MORNEAU@CAPELLA.EDU; MANSOUR.SHARHA@CAPELLA.EDU
Subject: WIFI SECURITY AND HOW CRIMINALS TAKE ADVANTAGE OF YOUR NETWORK
When: 06/18/2012 7:00 PM – 8:00 PM
Time Zone: (GMT-06:00) Central Time (US and Canada)
Conference Number(s): 1-888-205-5513 (US/CAN) / 1-719-955-0562 (INTL)
Participant Code: 429132
To join the meeting, Please use this link:
Hackers look for open wifi connections and then gain access to the internal network from non-routable networks like 192.168.0.x range and attempt to connect to logical windows shares like 192.168.0.50c$ and often get access. Hackers that gain access to a logical share (c$) can often upload keyloggers and other malware to steal bank passwords, etc.
About the Presenter:
David Evangelista is a Uniform Patrol Officer since 1998. Specialized in electronic crimes investigation. Kentucky State Certified Forensic Examiner and Expert witness. (15 years law enforcement)Executive Director and Founder of The United States Internet Crime Task Force, Inc.. providing forensic support to over 50,000 law enforcement officers worldwide and keeping children safe (www.usict.org)
Over 25 years of industry experience serving as SR. vice president of information technology for a bank and gs-12 it specialist for the us army medical command as webmaster and data automation specialist and former veteran. Guest speaker and educator on shows like NPR, voice of America and Lockwood and Philips.