Location: Washington, DC
Clearance: DHS Suitability; US Citizen required; Secret Clearance or Higher a Plus
The Security Architect will provide Information Security and Compliance consulting services to our client. The Security Architect will be responsible for supporting programs during pre-investment and pre-acquisition stages to ensure programs receive security and privacy guidance. The architect will guide programs in capturing enterprise and segment security and privacy requirements for acquisition. The security architecture framework will include policy, implementation guidance, compliance and process definition. The Security Architect will provide security architecture support to security programs, threat/vulnerability assessments, and application security.
• Assist in creating a unified framework and reusable services that implement policy, standards, and risk management decisions.
• Assist in the development and publishing of architectural guidance on security and privacy and ensure alignment with business, performance, data, services and technology layers.
• Collaborate on topics such as, but not limited to: policy definition, technology selection and project review to incident response.
• Analyze security architecture including security theory and technology vulnerability analysis.
• Collaborate with subject matter experts to define an integrated framework for security and privacy and policy, architecture and the guidance necessary for its consistent implementation.
• Conduct security architecture assessment on DHS investments. It should be noted that this work is pre-investment work and is unrelated to work being performed under other DHS contracts.
• Review network and security architecture and provide guidance for deployment of new technologies and integration with existing technologies
• Recommend best practices to the client on all IT initiatives from a security perspective
• Designing and implementing security frameworks
• Provide operational guidance to the program/project teams
• Act as Subject Matter Expert for security architecture
• Provide OIT with a complete body of data and information architectural standards, policies and designs that address data management and secure data access, ensuring that there is integration of the DHS Security Architecture and it is in line with the DHS Data Architecture.
• 7+ yrs of InfoSec experience in a variety of roles
• 7+ yrs in consulting/professional services experience
• Experience working with DHS
• Must be a Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP).
• Strong familiarity with industry, standards and regulatory requirements frameworks such as PCI DSS, HIPAA/HITECH, NERC/FERC, GLBA, FISMA, ISO 27001/2, NIST 800 series
• Strong knowledge of the Certification and Accreditation (C&A) process for Federal applications.
• Strong knowledge of security infrastructure, information security, and application security
• Demonstrated experience assessing an organization’s security posture, performing risk assessments and experience in security project design
• Bachelor’s or Master’s degrees in Computer Science, Management Information Systems, or Information Assurance. A combination of work experience and education will also be considered.
• Experience performing similar work in the past year
• Ability to determine and prioritize recommended remediation activities and deliver comprehensive findings reports
• Ideal candidate will have a strong technical background and understanding of security controls
• Strong communications, client relationship building, time management and project management skills
• CISA, CISM, CEH and other security and compliance certifications preferred
Also, don’t forget to include the name of the position you are applying for in the subject field of the e-mail.