Posted by Chelsea included in Resources
Searching for information on the Internet? This week we will be highlighting Library Guides that can assist in evaluating information you find online. First, look through this list to see if you have an assignment this week that has a guide, then check the guides below for Internet tips:
- COUN5282: Classroom Guidance and Group Counseling Plans
- PHI1000: Personal Philosophy Project
- PSY5246: Play Therapy – Assignment Research Guide (u04a1)
- PSY7320: Case Study – Assessment and Treatment
- Scholar-Practitioner Research Guide
- Looking for articles on Kohlberg , Piaget or Bronfenbrenner? Check out the
Studies in Human Behavior First Course – Library Research Guide (SHB5003)
- Looking for Experimental or Quasi-experimental articles? Try our Finding Articles by TYPE Library Guide.
Don’t see your course listed here? Some guides have been created for entire courses rather than specific assignments. Check out our full list of assignment guides to see if your course has a guide.
Using Internet sources? While many instructors may require peer-reviewed sources only, if you need to find web sites or other information from the Internet, use these guides to help search the Internet and determine credible sources:
- Can I Use Wikipedia?
- Evaluating Internet Sources
- Google Scholar
- Internet Searching Tips
- Specialized Search Engines
Have more questions? You can find answers to over 200 common library questions in our new Library FAQs! Search by keyword or browse by topic to find answers to frequently asked questions.
Spotlight is a quarterly series. To see previous posts in this series, click the Spotlight tag: