Posted by ebrothen included in Uncategorized
You may have noticed that Lexis Nexis looks very different these days. They updated their interface, which has reorganized how you access their resources. Lexis Nexis was already one of the harder databases to search, and there are plenty of confusing things in the new version.
Here are a few hints that may help you search:
- On the main search page remember to pick a specific type of source to search. You can pick several if you want.
- Use the tabs at the top of the search area to search a specific area, or search by source.
- Check the navigation menu to the right of the search area. Here you can access other types of searches or find helpful guides.
- On the results list page look for ways to limit your results in the menu on the left.
- Don’t use the back button – use the links at the top of the page to work backwards.
And, of course, call or email a librarian if you need help.
Posted: September 21st, 2007 under Uncategorized.