Posted by included in Research Tips
The Capella Library recently added a second reference resource to the Databases A-Z list: the Gale Virtual Reference Library.
In Gale you’ll find 14 reference works that you can either search or browse for background information. Here are the new titles:
- Encyclopedia of World Biography
- International Directory of Business Biographies
- Encyclopedia of Business and Finance
- Encyclopedia of Management
- A Financial History of Modern U.S. Corporate Scandals: From Enron to Reform
- Encyclopedia of Education
- Encyclopedia of Educational Leadership and Administration
- Encyclopedia of Public Health
- Encyclopedia of Multicultural Psychology
- Encyclopedia of Aging
- Encyclopedia of Crime and Justice
- Encyclopedia of School Psychology
- Psychologists and Their Theories for Students
- Encyclopedia of Information Ethics and Security
Why would you look for background information?
You may find that you have to research a topic that you don’t know much about. Reading a short encyclopedia entry can help you understand the topic, identify major theorists, and develop a list of keywords to use in a search for scholarly articles. Gale Virtual Reference is also a great resource for biographical information.
Don’t find the background information you need in Gale? There are even more resources in Credo Reference. Think of them as two digital reference shelves.