Posted by CapellaAdmin included in Uncategorized
PsycBOOKS added the following titles to its coverage list in September 2009. Of the titles added, 3 were APA books and 20 were designated classic books. Classic books are landmark titles in psychology and are selected by APA experts.
1. How caregiving affects development: Psychological implications for child, adolescent, and adult caregivers, ©2009, by Shifren, Kim (Ed.)
2. Medical illness and positive life change: Can crisis lead to personal transformation?, ©2009, by Park, Crystal L. (Ed.); Lechner, Suzanne C. (Ed.); Antoni, Michael H. (Ed.); Stanton, Annette L. (Ed.)
3. Spirituality and the therapeutic process: A comprehensive resource from intake to termination, ©2009, by Aten, Jamie D. (Ed.); Leach, Mark M. (Ed.)
4. The anatomy of melancholy, what it is, with all the kinds, causes, symptomes, prognostics, and several cures of it, ©ND (Reprinted 1838), by Democritus, Junior
5. The book of nature (from the last London ed.), ©1837, by Good, John Mason
6. A discourse of natural theology, showing the nature of the evidence and the advantages of the study, ©1835, by Brougham, Henry Lord
7. Elements of physiology, ©1837, by Müller, J.; Baly, William (Trans.)
8. Elements of physiology, Vol. 2, ©1842, by Müller, J.; Baly, William (Trans.)
9. The history of ancient philosophy, in four volumes, Vol 4, ©1846, by Ritter, Heinrich; Morrison, Alexander J. W. (Trans.)
10. Intermarriage: or, The mode in which, and the causes why, beauty, health and intellect, result from certain unions, and deformity, disease and insanity result from others: Demonstrated by delineations of the structure and forms, and descriptions of the functions and capacities, which each parent, in every pair, bestows on children,—in conformity with certain natural laws, and by an account of corresponding effects in the breeding of animals, ©1839, by Walker, Alexander
11. Language: Its connexion with the present condition and future prospects of man by a heteroscian, ©1836, by Hazard, Rowland Gibson
12. Legal and political hermeneutics, or Principles of interpretation and construction in law and politics, with remarks on precedents and authorities (enlarged ed.), ©1839, by Lieber, Francis
13. Man, in his intellectual faculties and adaptations, ©1839, by Mudie, Robert
14. Manual of political ethics, designed chiefly for the use of colleges and students at law, Part 1, ©1838, by Lieber, Francis
15. Medical notes and reflections, ©1839, by Holland, Henry
16. Observations on the influence of religion upon the health and physical welfare of mankind, ©1835, by Brigham, Amariah
17-18. On the power wisdom and goodness of God as manifested in the creation of animals and in their history habits and instincts, Vol 1-2, ©1835, by Kirby, William
19. Outlines of human physiology: Designed for the use of the higher classes in common schools (2nd ed.), ©1838, by Hayward, George
20. Philosophical and practical treatise on the will, forming the third volume of a system of mental philosophy, ©1850, by Upham, Thomas C.
21. Reason. the only oracle of man; or, a compendious System of natural religion, by Col. Ethan Allen; to which is added, Critical remarks on the truth and harmony of the four gospels, with observations on the instruction given by Jesus Christ, and the doctrines of Christianity, by a Free Thinker, ©1836, by Allen, Ethan; A free thinker
22. Treatise on language: or, The relation which words bear to things, in four parts, ©1836, by Johnson, A. B.
23. Twelve lectures on the natural history of man, and the rise and progress of philosophy, ©1839, by Kinmont, Alexander
Note: To read any of the these ebooks – go to the Articles, Books, and More page. Scroll down to PsycBOOKs and type in the title.
Posted: October 27th, 2009 under Uncategorized.