Posted by jsimning included in Uncategorized
PsycBOOKS added the following titles to its coverage list in October 2009. Of the titles added, 3 were APA books and 20 were designated classic books. Classic books are landmark titles in psychology and are selected by APA experts.
1. Addictive behaviors: New readings on etiology, prevention, and treatment, ©2009, by Marlatt, G. Alan (Ed.); Witkiewitz, Katie (Ed.)
2. Disgust and its disorders: Theory, assessment, and treatment implications, ©2009, by Olatunji, Bunmi O.; McKay, Dean
3. A lifetime of intelligence: Follow-up studies of the Scottish mental surveys of 1932 and 1947, ©2009, by Deary, Ian J.; Whalley, Lawrence J.; Starr, John M.
4. Biographia literaria, or Biographical sketches of my life and opinions, ©1847, by Coleridge, Samuel Taylor; Coleridge, Henry Nelson (Ed.)
5. Christian non-resistance, in all its important bearings, illustrated and defended, ©1846, by Ballou, Adin
6. An examination of President Edwards’ inquiry into the freedom of the will, ©1845, by Bledsoe, Albert Taylor
7. Government of the thoughts, for young men (from the 2nd London ed., rev. by the Committee of Publication), ©1844, by Committee of Publication, Massachusetts Sabbath School Society, Boston, MA, US
8. Hereditary descent: Its laws and facts, illustrated and applied to the improvement of mankind; with hints to woman, including directions for forming matrimonial alliances so as to produce, in offspring, whatever physical, mental, or moral qualities may be desired, together with preventives of hereditary tendencies, ©1843, by Fowler, O. S.
9. A history of the earth and animated nature, Vol 1 (new edition with corrections and alterations), ©1844, by Goldsmith, Oliver
10. Lectures on mental philosophy and theology, ©1846, by Richards, James
11. Life of faith: In three parts, embracing some of the scriptural principles or doctrines of faith, the power or effects of faith in the regulation of man’s inward nature, and the relation of faith to the divine guidance, ©1854, by Upham, Thomas C.
12. Locke’s essays: An essay concerning human understanding, and A treatise on the conduct of the understanding (Complete in 1 volume with the author’s last additions and corrections), © No Year Specified (Reprinted 1844), by Locke, John
13. On feigned and factitious diseases, chiefly of soldiers and seamen, on the means used to simulate or produce them, and on the best modes of discovering impostors: Being the prize essay in the class of military surgery in the University of Edinburgh, session 1835-6, with additions, ©1843, by Gavin, Hector
14. The philosophy of history, in a course of lectures, delivered at Vienna (2nd ed., rev.), © 1846, by von Schlegel, Frederick; Robertson, James Baron(Trans)
15. The philosophy of human life: Being an investigation of the great elements of life: The power that acts—the will that directs the action—and the accountability or sanctions that influence the formation of volitions, together with reflections adapted to the physical, political, popular, moral and religious natures of man, ©1939, by Dean, Amos
16. Plato against the atheists; or, The tenth book of the dialogue on laws, accompanied with critical notes, and followed by extended dissertations on some of the main points of the Platonic philosophy and theology, especially as compared with the holy scriptures, ©1845, by Plato; Lewis, Tayler
17. The principles of medical psychology, being the outlines of a course of lectures, ©1847, by von Feuchtersleben, Ernst; Lloyd, H. Evans (Trans.); Babington, B. G. (Trans.)
18. The principles of physiology applied to the preservation of health, and to the improvement of mental and physical education, ©1844, by Combe, Andrew
19. Principles of the interior or hidden life, designed particularly for the consideration of those who are seeking assurance of faith and perfect love (8th ed.), ©1843, by Upham, Thomas C.
20. Self education: or, The philosophy of mental improvement, © 1847, by Hosmer, William
21. A system of logic, ratiocinative and inductive, being a connected view of the principles of evidence and the methods of scientific investigation, ©1847, by Mill, John Stuart
22. Theory of morals: An inquiry concerning the law of moral distinctions and the variations and contradictions of ethical codes, ©1844, by Hildreth, Richard
23. Unity of purpose, or Rational analysis: Being a treatise designed to disclose physical truths and to detect and expose popular errors, ©1846, by Young, Augustus
Note: To read any of the these ebooks – go to the Articles, Books, and More page. Scroll down and click PsycBOOKs. Once in the database, type in the title.
Posted: November 20th, 2009 under Uncategorized.