Posted by CapellaAdmin included in Uncategorized
PsycBOOKS added the following titles to its coverage list in November 2009.
Of the titles added, 5 were APA books and 20 were designated classic books. (Classic books are landmark titles in psychology and are selected by APA experts.)
1. Body image, eating disorders, and obesity in youth: Assessment, prevention, and treatment (2nd ed.), © 2009, by Smolak, Linda (Ed.); Thompson, J. Kevin (Ed.)
2. Cognitive therapy for suicidal patients: Scientific and clinical applications, © 2009, by Wenzel, Amy; Brown, Gregory K.; Beck, Aaron T.
3. Complementary and alternative therapies research, © 2009, by Field, Tiffany
4. The glass ceiling in the 21st century: Understanding barriers to gender equality, © 2009, by Barreto, Manuela (Ed.); Ryan, Michelle K. (Ed.); Schmitt, Michael T. (Ed.)
5. Group development in practice: Guidance for clinicians and researchers on stages and dynamics of change, © 2009, by Brabender, Virginia; Fallon, April
6. Abstract of a course of lectures on mental & moral philosophy, © 1840, by Mahan, Asa
7. Attractions of language, or a popular view of natural language, in all its varied displays, in the animate and the inanimate world; and as corresponding with instinct, intelligence and reason; a physiological description of the organs of voice; an account of the origin of artificial, spoken language; and a brief analysis of alphabetical sounds, © 1842, by Taylor, Benj. F.
8. Elements of mental philosophy, embracing the two departments of the intellect and the sensibilities (Vol. 1), © 1840 (Reprinted 1850), by Upham, Thomas C.
9. Elements of psychology: Included in A critical examination of Locke’s Essay on the human understanding (3rd ed.), © 1842, by Cousin, Victor; Henry, C. S. (Trans.)
10. Elements of the philosophy of mind, applied to the development of thought and feeling, © 1840, by Ricord, Elizabeth
11. An essay on the connection of mental philosophy with medicine, © 1841, by Allen, Nathan
12. Essays on the formation of the human character, © 1840, by Owen, Robert
13. Inquiries concerning the intellectual powers and the investigation of truth (11th ed.), © 1841, by Abercrombie, John
14. Letters to mothers (4th ed.), © 1840, by Sigourney, L. H.
15. Logic, or the art of reasoning simplified:… with exercises on a variety of interesting topics to guide and develope the reasoning powers of the youthful inquirer after truth, © 1837, by Parker, S. E.
16. Nuces philosophicae, or, The philosophy of things, as developed from the study of the philosophy of words, © 1842, by Johnson, Edward
17. Outlines of imperfect and disordered mental action, © 1840, by Upham, Thomas C.
18. Popular lectures on ethics, or moral obligation: For the use of schools, © 1841, by Mercer, Margaret
19. Psychology, or A view of the human soul, including anthropology, © 1841, by Rauch, Frederick A.
20. Theological criticisms, or, Hints of the philosophy of man and nature, in six lectures, to which are appended two poetical scraps and dogmas of infidelity, © 1843, by Adams, F. W.
21. The works of Charles Follen, with a memoir of his life, in five volumes (Vol. 2), © 1840, by Follen, Charles
22-23. The works of Charles Follen, with a memoir of his life, in five volumes (Vol. 4-5), © 1841, by Follen, Charles
24-25. The works of Jonathan Edwards, A.M., with an essay on his genius and writings, by Henry Rogers; and a memoir by Sereno E. Dwight, in two volumes (Vol. 1 -2; rev. and corrected), © 1840, by Edwards, Jonathan; Rogers, Henry; Dwight, Sereno E.; Hickman, Edward (Ed.)
Note: To read any of the these ebooks – go to the Articles, Books, and More page. Scroll down and click PsycBOOKs. Once in the database, type in the title.
Posted: December 19th, 2009 under Uncategorized.