PsycBOOKS added the following titles to its coverage list in February 2010. Of the titles added, 2 were APA books and 20 were designated classic books. Classic books are landmark titles in psychology and are selected by APA experts.
1. Research with high-risk populations: Balancing science, ethics, and law, © 2009, by Buchanan, David (Ed.); Fisher, Celia B. (Ed.); Gable, Lance (Ed.ISBN: 1-4338-0429-7
2. Spiritual practices in psychotherapy: Thirteen tools for enhancingpsychological health, © 2009, by Plante, Thomas G. ISBN: 1-4338-424-8
3. Analysis of the phenomena of the human mind, in two volumes (Vol. 2), © 1829, by Mill, James
4. A brief text-book of logic and mental philosophy, © 1891, by Coppens, Charles
5. A candid examination of theism (4th ed.), © 1913, by Physicus
6. A century of science and other essays, © 1899, by Fiske, John
7. Characteristicks, Vol. 1: A letter concerning enthusiasm; Sensus communis, an essay on the freedom of wit and humour; Soliloquy, or advice to an author, © 1744, by Shaftesbury, Anthony Ashley Cooper
8. A clinical manual of mental diseases (2nd ed., rev.), © 1917 (Reprinted 1918) by Dercum, Francis X.
9. A compleat history of magick, sorcery, and witchcraft (Vol. 2) , © 1716, by Boulton, Richard
10. A course in experimental psychology: Part 1: Sensation and perception (Chapters 7 to 9), © 1898, by A Sanford, Edmund C.
11. The development of certain instincts and habits in chicks, © 1911, by Breed, Frederick S.; Watson, John B. (Ed.)
12. Elements of the philosophy of the human mind (Vol. 1; 5th ed.), © 1814, by Stewart, Dugald
13. Essay on the disorders incident to literary men: And on the best means of preserving their health, © 1836, by Newnham, W.
14. Free thoughts upon the brute-creation, or, An examination of Father Bougeant’s philosophical amusement, etc, in two letters to a lady (Letter 2), © 1743, by Hildrop, John
15. A handbook of anthropometry, © 1960, by Montagu, M. F. Ashley; Brozek, Josef (Col.)
16. A history of education, © 1886 (Reprinted 1897), by Painter, F. V. N.
17. A history of philosophy, with special reference to the formation and development of its problems and conceptions (2nd ed., rev. and enlarged), © 1901 (Reprinted 1910), by Windelband, W.; Tufts, James H. (Trans.)
18. The improvement of the mind; or, A supplement to the art of logic: Containing a variety of remarks and rules for the attainment and communication of useful knowledge in religion, in the sciences, and in common life, © 1790, by Watts, Isaac
19. Institutes of metaphysic: The theory of knowing and being, © 1854, by Ferrier, James F.
20. Letters of the Earl of Shaftesbury, author of the Characteristicks, collected into one volume, © 1746, by Cooper, Anthony Ashley
21. The light of nature pursued (Vol. 4; 2nd ed., rev. and corrected) , © 1805, by Tucker, Abraham
22. Memoirs of Prince Eugene of Savoy, written by himself, © 1830, by Savoy, Prince Eugene of
Note: To read any of the these ebooks – go to the Articles, Books, and More page. Scroll down and click PsycBOOKs. Once in the database, type in the title.