PsycBOOKS added the following titles to its coverage list in June 2010. Of the titles added, 6 were APA books and 20 were designated classic books. Classic books are landmark titles in psychology and are selected by APA experts.
1. The art and science of mindfulness: Integrating mindfulness into psychology and the helping professions, © 2009, by Shapiro, Shauna L.; Carlson, Linda E. ISBN: 1-4338-0465-4
2. Behavioral interventions in schools: Evidence-based positive strategies, © 2009, by Akin-Little, Angeleque (Ed.); Little, Steven G. (Ed.); Bray, Melissa A. (Ed.); Kehle, Thomas J. (Ed.). ISBN: 1-4338-0460-3
3. Poverty and brain development during childhood: An approach from cognitive psychology and neuroscience, © 2009, by Lipina, Sebastián J.; Colombo, Jorge A. ISBN: 1-4338-0445-X
4. Studying ethnic minority and economically disadvantaged populations: Methodological challenges and best practices, © 2009, by Knight, George P.; Roosa, Mark W.; Umaña-Taylor, Adriana J. ISBN: 1-4338-0474-3
5. Treating substance use disorders with adaptive continuing care, © 2009, by McKay, James R. ISBN: 1-4338-0459-X
6. Treatment of posttraumatic stress disorder in special populations: A cognitive restructuring program, © 2009, by Mueser, Kim T.; Rosenberg, Stanley D.; Rosenberg, Harriet J. ISBN: 1-4338-0464-6
7. A careful and strict inquiry into the modern prevailing notions of that freedom of will, which is supposed to be essential to moral agency, virtue and vice, reward and punishment, praise and blame, © 1757, by Edwards, Jonathan
8. Education: Intellectual, moral, and physical, © 1860 (Reprinted 1865), by Spencer, Herbert
9-10. The emancipation of faith, Vol. 1 &2, © 1858, by Schedel, Henry Edward; Schedel, George (Ed.)
11. An essay on physiological psychology, © 1860, by, Dunn, Robert
12. Humanics, © 1860, by Collins, T. Wharton
13. An introduction to the study of philosophy with an outline treatise on logic, © 1858, by Gerhart, E. V.
14. Lectures on metaphysics and logic, Vol. 1: Metaphysics, © 1859, by Hamilton, William; Mansel, Henry L. (Ed.); Veitch, John (Ed.)
15. Liberty and necessity; in which are considered the laws of association of ideas, the meaning of the word will, and the true intent of punishment, © 1857, by Carleton, Henry
16. Mental philosophy: Including the intellect, sensibilities, and will, © 1872, by Haven, Joseph
17. Mind and brain, or The correlations of consciousness and organisation, with their applications to philosophy, zoology, physiology, mental pathology, and the practice of medicine, Vol. 1, © 1860, by Laycock, Thomas
18. Mind and matter: or Physiological inquiries, in a series of essays intended to illustrate the mutual relations of the physical organization and the mental faculties, © 1857, by Brodie, Benjamin
19. Nature and the supernatural, as together constituting the one system of God, © 1858, by Bushnell, Horace
20-21. The physiology of common life, Vol. 1 & 2, © 1859, by Lewes, George Henry
22. Rational cosmology: or The eternal principles and the necessary laws of the universe, © 1858, by Hickok, Laurens P.
23. Swedenborg, a hermetic philosopher, © 1858, by Hitchcock, Ethan Allen
24. Three discourses on the religion of reason, © 1859, by Smith, Gerrit
25. Woman in the nineteenth century, and kindred papers relating to the sphere, condition, and duties of women, © 1860, by Ossoli, Mararet Fuller; Fuller, Arthur B. (Ed.)
26. The world of mind: An elementary book, © 1858, by Taylor, Isaac
Note: To read any of the these ebooks – go to the Library’s Databases A-Z page. Scroll down and click PsycBOOKs. Once in the database, type in the title.