PsycBOOKS added the following titles to its coverage list in September 2010. Of the titles added, 3 were APA books and 20 were designated classic books. Classic books are landmark titles in psychology and are selected by APA experts.
1. Helping families and communities recover from disaster: Lessons learned from hurricane Katrina and its aftermath, © 2010 by Kilmer, Ryan P.; Gil-Rivas, Virginia; Tedeschi, Richard G.; Calhoun, Lawrence G. (Eds.). ISBN: 1-4338-0544-8
2. Lesbian and gay parents and their children: Research on the family life cycle, © 2010 by Goldberg, Abbie E… ISBN: 1-4338-0536-7
3. Nonmedication treatments for adult ADHD: Evaluating impact on daily functioning and well-being, © 2010 by Ramsay, J. Russell. ISBN: 1-4338-0564-2
4. Child psychology, © 1930 by Curti, Margaret Wooster
5. Dynamic and abnormal psychology, © 1954 by Taylor, W. S.
6. The education of handicapped children, © 1924 by Wallin, J. E. Wallace
7. Elements of psychology: An introduction, © 1938 by Reid, Albert Clayton
8. Emotional hazards in animals and man, © 1956 by Liddell, Howard S.
9. General psychology, © 1955 by Garrett, Henry E.
10. Genetics: An introduction to the study of heredity, © 1919 by Walter, Herbert Eugene
11. Industrial psychology (2nd ed.), © 1947 by Tiffin, Joseph
12. Introduction to philosophy: A handbook for students of psychology, logic, ethics, aesthetics and general philosophy (4th ed.), © 1915 by Külpe, Oswald; Pillsbury, W. B. (Trans.); Titchener, E. B. (Trans.)
13. Introduction to the Rorschach method: A manual of personality study, ©1937 by Beck, Samuel J.
14. Measurements of human behavior, © 1941 by Greene, Edward B.
15. The mechanistic conception of life: Biological essays, © 1912 by Loeb, Jacques
16. Methods of psychology, © 1948 by Andrews, T. G. (Ed.)
17. The motivation of behavior, © 1961 by Brown, Judson Seise
18. Motivation of behavior: The fundamental determinants of human and animal activity, © 1936 by Young, Paul Thomas
19. Personality: An interdisciplinary approach, © 1958 by Thorpe, Louis P.; Schmuller, Allen M.
20. Principles and practice of rehabilitation, © 1943 by Davis, John Eisele
21. Psychology: The science of human behavior, © 1922 by Givler, Robert Chenault
22. The study of lives: Essays on personality in honor of Henry A. Murray, ©1963 by White, Robert W. (Ed.); Bruner, Katherine F. (Col.)
23. A text-book of psychology, Part 1, © 1909 by Titchener, Edward Bradford
Note: To read any of the these ebooks – go to the Library’s Databases A-Z page. Scroll down and click PsycBOOKs. Once in the database, type in the book title.