PsycBOOKS added the following titles to its coverage list in October 2010.
Of the titles added, 3 were APA books and 20 were designated classic books. Classic books are landmark titles in psychology and are selected by APA experts.
1. Chaos and its influence on children’s development: An ecological perspective, © 2010 by Evans, Gary W. (Ed.); Wachs, Theodore D. (Ed.). ISBN: 1-4338-0565-0
2. Prosocial motives, emotions, and behavior: The better angels of our nature, © 2010 by Mikulincer, Mario (Ed.); Shaver, Phillip R. (Ed.). ISBN: 1-4338-0546-4
3. Strengthening couple relationships for optimal child development: Lessons from research and intervention, © 2010 by Schulz, Marc S. (Ed.); Pruett, Marsha Kline (Ed.); Kerig, Patricia K. (Ed.); Parke, Ross D. (Ed.). ISBN: 1-4338-0547-2
4. Animal physiology (rev. ed.), © 1859 by Carpenter, William B.
5. Arctic researches and life among the esquimaux: Being the narrative of an expedition in search of Sir John Franklin, in the years 1860, 1861, and 1862, © 1865 by Hall, Charles Francis
6. The emotions and the will (2nd ed.), © 1865 by Bain, Alexander
7. Freedom of mind in willing; or, Every being that wills a creative first cause, © 1866 by Hazard, Rowland G.
8. The hand: Its mechanism and vital endowments, as evincing design (7th ed., rev.), © 1865 by Shaw, Alexander
9. Heaven and its wonders and hell: From things heard and seen (originally published in Latin 1758), © 1867 by Swedenborg, Emanuel
10-14. The history of civilization (Vol. 1-4, 6), © 1868 by Dean, Amos
15. Human intellect: With an introduction upon psychology and the soul, © 1868 by Porter, Noah
16. The intuitions of the mind inductively investigated (new and rev. ed.), © 1866 by M’Cosh, James
17. Lectures on metaphysics (Vol 1, 4th ed.), © 1869 by Hamilton, William; Mansel, H. L. (Ed.); Veitch, John (Ed.)
18. Mental and moral science: A compendium of psychology and ethics, © 1868 by Bain, Alexander
19. Mental science: A compendium of psychology, and the history of philosophy, presented as a text-book for high-schools and colleges, © 1880 by Bain, Alexander
20. Moral philosophy, or, the science of obligation, © 1869 by Fairchild, James H.
21. The senses and the intellect (2nd ed.), © 1864 by Bain, Alexander
22. The senses and the intellect (3rd ed.), © 1868 by Bain, Alexander
23. Typical forms and special ends in creation, © 1869 by M’Cosh, James; Dickie, George
Note: To read any of the these ebooks – go to the Library’s Databases A-Z page. Scroll down and click PsycBOOKs. Once in the database, type in the book title.