PsycBOOKS added the following titles to its coverage list in November 2010.
Of the titles added, 3 were APA books and 20 were designated classic books. Classic books are landmark titles in psychology and are selected by APA experts.
1. Child development at the intersection of emotion and cognition, © 2010 by Calkins, Susan D. (Ed.); Bell, Martha Ann (Ed.). ISBN: 1-4338-0686-X
2. Male, female: The evolution of human sex differences (2nd ed.), © 2010 by Geary, David C. ISBN: 1-4338-0682-7
3. Play therapy for preschool children, © 2010 by Schaefer, Charles E. (Ed.). ISBN: 1-4338-0566-9
4. The destiny of man, viewed in the light of his origin (14th ed.), © 1884 by Fiske, John
5. An essay on the principle of population, or A view of its past and present effects on human happiness, with an inquiry into our prospects respecting the future removal or mitigation of the evils which it occasions (rev. ed.), © 1804 by Malthus, Thomas Robert
6. Fichte’s science of knowledge: A critical exposition, © 1884 by Everett, Charles Carroll
7. Hegel’s logic: A book on the genesis of the categories of the mind, a critical exposition, © 1890 by Harris, William T.
8. History of European morals from Augustus to Charlemagne (Vol. 2.), © 1869 by Lecky, William Edward Hartpole
9. The philosophy of Spinoza, as contained in the first, second, and fifth parts of the “Ethics,” and in extracts from the third and fourth (2nd ed.), © 1894 (Reprinted 1908) by De Spinoza, Baruch; Fullerton, George Stuart (Trans.)
10. Intellectual philosophy: Analytical, synthetical, and practical (8th ed. with additions, bringing science down to the latest views), © 1880 by Winslow, Hubbard
11. An introduction to social psychology, © 1908 by McDougall, William
12. Kant’s critique of pure reason: A critical exposition, © 1882 by Morris, George S.
13. Kant’s ethics: A critical exposition, © 1886 by Porter, Noah
14. Leibniz’s new essays concerning the human understanding: A critical exposition, © 1888 by Dewey, John
15. Letters to a daughter and a little sermon to school-girls, © 1885 by Starrett, Helen Ekin
16. Manual of empirical psychology as an inductive science, a textbook for high schools and colleges, © 1896 by Lindner, Gustav Adolf; DeGarmo, Chas. (Trans.)
17. The natural history of thought in its practical aspect from its origin in infancy, © 1887 by Wall, George
18. Naturalism and agnosticism: The Gifford Lectures delivered before the University of Aberdeen in the years 1896–1898 (Vol. 2), © 1899 by Ward, James
19. On intelligence (rev. with additions), © 1872 by Taine, Hippolyte; Haye, T. D. (Trans.)
20. Outlines of psychology, with special reference to the theory of education (new ed., rev. and largely rewritten), © 1892 by Sully, James
21. The perception of space and matter, © 1879 by Walter, Johnston Estep
22. A positivist primer: Being a series of familiar conversations on the religion of humanity, © 1871 by David, C. G.
23. The practical phrenologist; and recorder and delineator of the character and talents, © 1869 by Fowler, Orson Squire
Note: To read any of the these ebooks – go to the Library’s Databases A-Z page. Scroll down and click PsycBOOKs. Once in the database, type in the book title.