PsycBOOKS added the following titles to its coverage list in December 2010.
Of the titles added, 3 were APA books and 20 were designated classic books. Classic books are landmark titles in psychology and are selected by APA experts.
1. Beyond the crisis of masculinity: A transtheoretical model for male-friendly therapy, © 2010 by Brooks, Gary R. IBSN: 1-4338-0716-5
2. The heart and soul of change: Delivering what works in therapy (2nd ed.), © 2010 by Duncan, Barry L.; Miller, Scott D.; Wampold, Bruce E.; Hubble, Mark A. (Eds.). IBSN: 1-4338-0709-2
3. Measuring psychological constructs: Advances in model-based approaches, © 2010 by Embretson, Susan E. (Ed.). IBSN: 1-4338-0691-6
4. The biographical history of philosophy: From its origin in Greece down to the present day (Library ed., much enlarged and thoroughly rev.), © 1871 by Lewes, George Henry
5. Christianity and scepticism, Boston lectures, © 1870
6. Creator and creation: or, The knowledge in the reason of God and his work, © 1872 by Hickok, Laurens P.
7. Delights of wisdom concerning conjugal love: After which follow pleasures of insanity concerning scortatory love, © 1870 (originally published in Latin, in Amsterdam, 1768) by Swedenborg, Emanuel
8-9. The descent of man, and Selection in relation to sex (Vol. 1 & 2), © 1871 by Darwin, Charles
10. The elements of intellectual science: A manual for schools and colleges, abridged from “the human intellect,” © 1871 by Porter, Noah
11. Hand-book of progressive philosophy, © 1871 by Schiller, Edward
12. Lectures on metaphysics (Vol. 2, 4th ed.), © 1869 by Hamilton, William; Mansel, H. L. (Ed.); Veitch, John (Ed.)
13. Mechanism in thought and morals: An address delivered before the Phi Beta Kappa Society of Harvard University, June 29, 1870, © 1871 by Holmes, Oliver Wendell
14. Mental disorders; or, Diseases of the brain and nerves, developing the origin and philosophy of mania, insanity, and crime, with full directions for their treatment and cure (spec. ed.), © 1871 by Davis, Andrew Jackson
15. On liberty, © 1871 by Mill, John Stuart
16. The physical training of children, © 1872 by Chavasse, P. H.
17. The principles of logic for high schools and colleges, © 1869 by Schuyler, A.
18-19. The principles of psychology (Vol. 1, 2nd ed.; Vol. 2, 2nd ed.), © 1870, 1872 by Spencer, Herbert
20. Science, philosophy and religion: Lectures delivered before the Lowell Institute, Boston, © 1871 by Bascom, John
21. Studies in general science, © 1872 by Blackwell, Antoinette Brown
22. The subjection of women, © 1869 by Mill, John Stuart
23. The thoughts, letters, and opuscules of Blaise Pascal, © 1869 by Wight, O. W. (Ed.)
Note: To read any of the these ebooks – go to the Library’s Databases A-Z page. Scroll down and click PsycBOOKs. Once in the database, type in the book title.