PsycBOOKS added the following titles to its coverage list in April 2011. Of the titles added, 4 were APA books and 20 were designated Classic Books. Classic books are landmark titles in psychology and are selected by APA experts.
1. Clinical hypnosis for pain control, © 2010, by Patterson, David R. ISBN: 1-4338-0768-8
2. Emotions, aggression, and morality in children: Bridging development and psychopathology, © 2010, by Arsenio, William F.; Lemerise, Elizabeth A. (Eds.). ISBN: 1-4338-0764-5
3. Evidence-based treatment of personality dysfunction: Principles, methods, and processes, © 2010, by Magnavita, Jeffrey J. (Ed). ISBN: 1-4338-0747-5
4. Grief in childhood: Fundamentals of treatment in clinical practice, © 2010, by Pearlman, Michelle Y.; Schwalbe, Karen D’Angelo; Cloitre, Marylène. ISBN: 1-4338-0752-1
5. An Arctic boat journey, in the autumn of 1854 (new ed., enlarged and illustrated), © 1867, by Hayes, Isaac I.
6. Average evoked potentials: Methods, results, and evaluations), © 1969, by Donchin, Emanuel; Lindsley, Donald B. (Eds.) 7.The consolation of philosophy of Boethius, © 1897, by Boethius; James, H. R. (Trans.)
8. The emotions and the will (3rd ed.), © 1887, by Bain, Alexander
9. First principles (American ed.), © 1880, by Spencer, Herbert
10. The first three years of childhood, © 1885, by Perez, Bernard; Christie, Alice M. (Trans.)
11. History of the rise and influence of the spirit of rationalism in Europe, Vol. 2 (rev. ed.), © 1884, by Lecky, W. E. H.
12. On the nature of inhibition, and the action of drugs upon it (reprinted from “Nature”), © No Year Specified, by Brunton, T. Lauder
13. Personality: The beginning and end of metaphysics and a necessary assumption in all positive philosophy, © 1879, by Momerie, Alfred Williams
14. Philosophy of theism, © 1887, by Bowne, Borden P.
15. Physical expression: Its modes and principles, © 1885, by Warner, Francis
16. Principles of mental physiology with their applications to the training and discipline of the mind and the study of its morbid conditions (4th ed.), © 1873, by Carpenter, William B.
17. The principles of psychology, Vol. II-2, © 1897, by Spencer, Herbert
18. The psychology of childhood (3rd ed.), © 1896, by Tracy, Frederick
19. The relations of mind and brain (3rd ed.), © 1892, by Calderwood, Henry
20. Self-culture: Physical, intellectual, moral, and spiritual: A course of lectures (8th ed.), © 1880, by Clarke, James Freeman
21. Studies in the evolutionary psychology of feeling, © 1895, by Stanley, Hiram M.
22. Supplement to Epitome of the synthetic philosophy (concluding the principles of “ethics”), © 1894, by Collins, F. Howard
23. The system of mental philosophy (4th ed.), © 1882, by Mahan, Asa
24. The theistic argument, as affected by recent theories: A course of lectures delivered at the Lowell Institute in Boston, © 1881, by Diman, J. Lewis
Note: To read any of the these ebooks – go to the Library’s Databases A-Z page. Scroll down and click PsycBOOKs. Once in the database, type in the book title.