PsycBOOKS added the following titles to its coverage list in August and September of 2011. Of the titles added, 7 were APA books and 20 were designated Classic Books.
Classic books are landmark titles in psychology and are selected by APA experts.
1. Cognitive fatigue: Multidisciplinary perspectives on current research and future applications, © 2010, by Ackerman, Phillip L. (Ed.). ISBN: 1-4338-0839-0
2. Essential ethics for psychologists: A primer for understanding and mastering core issues, © 2010, by Nagy, Thomas F. ISBN: 1-4338-0863-3
3. Ethical practice in operational psychology: Military and national intelligence applications, © 2010, by Kennedy, Carrie H. (Ed.); Williams, Thomas J. (Ed.). ISBN: 1-4338-0711-4
4. Human aggression and violence: Causes, manifestations, and consequences, © 2010, by Shaver Phillip R. (Ed.); Mikulincer, Mario (Ed.). ISBN: 1-4338-0859-5
5. Narcissism and Machiavellianism in youth: Implications for the development of adaptive and maladaptive behavior, © 2010, by Barry, Christopher T. (Ed.); Kerig, Patricia K. (Ed.); Stellwagen, Kurt K. (Ed.); Barry Tammy D. (Ed.). ISBN: 1-4338-0845-5
6. Reproductive trauma: Psychotherapy with infertility and pregnancy loss clients, © 2010, by Jaffe, Janet; Diamond, Martha O. ISBN: 1-4338-0841-2
7. Short-term group therapies for complicated grief: Two research-based models, © 2010, by Piper, William E.; Ogrodniczuk, John S.; Joyce, Anthony S.; Weideman, Rene. ISBN: 1-4338-0843-9
8. Ants, bees, wasps: A record of observations on the habits of the social hymenoptera, © 1900, by Lubbock, John
9. An autobiography [of Herbert Spencer] in two volumes, Vol. 2, © 1904, by Spencer, Herbert
10. The child: A study in the evolution of man, © 1900, by Chamberlain, Alexander Francis
11. The dialogues of Plato, translated into English with analyses and introductions (Vol. 3), © 1901, by Jowett, B.
12. The discourses of Epictetus with the Encheiridion and fragments, © 1900, by Epictetus; Long, George (Trans.)
13. The divine pedigree of man; or, The testimony of evolution and psychology to the fatherhood of God, © 1900, by Hudson, Thomson Jay
14. The evolution of man and his mind: A history and discussion of the evolution and relation of the mind and body of man and animals, © 1903, by Clevenger, Shobal V.
15. The evolution theory, Vol. 1, © 1904, by Weismann, August; Thomson, J. Arthur (Trans.); Thomson, Margaret R. (Trans.)
16. Fundamentals of child study: A discussion of instincts and other factors in human development with practical applications, © 1903, by Kirkpatrick, Edwin A.
17. Jukes-Edwards: A study in education and heredity, © 1900, by Winship, Albert Edward
18. The law of mental medicine: The correlation of the facts of psychology and histology in their relation to mental therapeutics, © 1903, by Hudson, Thomson Jay
19. The life and growth of language: An outline of linguistic science, © 1875, by Whitney, William Dwight
20. Life and letters of Thomas Henry Huxley, Vol. 1, © 1900, by Huxley, Leonard
21. The little book of life after death, © 1904, by Fechner, Gustav Theodor; Wadsworth, Mary C. (Trans.)
22. The new humanism: Studies in personal and social development (2nd ed.), © 1899, by Griggs, Edward Howard
23. An outline of psychology (new edition with additions), © 1899, by Titchener, Edward Bradford
24. The riddle of the universe at the close of the nineteenth century, © 1900, by Haeckel, Ernst; McCabe, Joseph (Trans.)
25. The technique of rest, © 1892, by Brackett, Anna C.
26. Theory of mental and social measurements, © 1904, by Thorndike, Edward L.
27. The wonders of life: A popular study of biological philosophy, © 1904, by Haeckel, Ernst; McCabe, Joseph (Trans.)
Note: To read any of the these ebooks – go to the Library’s Databases A-Z page. Scroll down and click PsycBOOKs. Once in the database, type in the book title.