PsycBOOKS added the following titles to its coverage list in June 2011. Of the titles added, 4 were APA books and 79 were designated Classic Books.
Classic books are landmark titles in psychology and are selected by APA experts.
1. Developing self in work and career: Concepts, cases, and context, © 2010, by Hartung, Paul J. (Ed.); Subich, Linda M. (Ed.). ISBN: 1-4338-0861-7
2. The real relationship in psychotherapy: The hidden foundation of change, © 2010, by Gelso, Charles J. ISBN:1-4338-0867-6
3. Secondary data analysis: An introduction for psychologists, © 2010, by Trzesniewski, Kali H. (Ed.); Donnellan, M. Brent (Ed.); Lucas, Richard E. (Ed.). ISBN:1-4338-0876-5
4. Social pain: Neuropsychological and health implications of loss and exclusion, © 2010, by MacDonald, Geoff (Ed.); Jensen-Campbell Lauri A. (Ed.). ISBN:1-4338-0874-9
5. Abnormal psychology: “When the other-one astonishes us,” © 1927, by Meyer, Max F.
6. The anatomy of personality, © 1954, by Adams, Donald K.
7. The animal mind: A text-book of comparative psychology (3rd ed.), © 1926, by Washburn, Margaret Floy
8. The bearing of psychology upon religion, © 1927, by Elliott, Harrison Sackett
9. The child: His nature and his needs: A survey of present-day knowledge concerning the child nature and the promotion of the well-being and education of the young, © 1924, by O’Shea, M. V. (Ed.)
10. Culture and personality, © 1961, by Wallace, Anthony F. C.; Fried, Morton H. (Ed.); Harris, Marvin (Ed.)
11. Degeneration (7th ed.), © 1895, by Nordau, Max
12. Education as the psychologist sees it, © 1925, by Pillsbury, W. B.
13. Education of the will: In the light of modern research (Dissertation), © 1927, by Kuntz, Leo F.
14. Educational psychology (rev. ed.), © 1927, by Starch, Daniel
15. Elements of knowledge, © 1881, by Biddle, Horace P.
16. Emotions of normal people, © 1928, by Marston, William Moulton
17. Evolution and genetics (2nd ed.), © 1925, by Morgan, Thomas Hunt
18. Experience and nature, © 1929, by Dewey, John
19. The field of psychology: A survey of experience: Individual, social, and genetic, © 1924, by Bentley, Madison
20. The fundamentals of human motivation, © 1928, by Troland, Leonard T.
21. Fundamentals of social psychology, © 1952, by Hartley, Eugene L.; Hartley, Ruth E.
22. General introduction to psychology: A survey of the programs of psychology (rev. ed.), © 1928, by Griffith, Coleman R.
23. The growth of the mind: An introduction to child-psychology, © 1925, by Koffka, Kurt; Ogden, Robert Morris (Trans.)
24. Hereditary genius: An inquiry into its laws and consequences, © 1869, by Galton, Francis
25. The history and prospects of the social sciences, © 1925, by Barnes, Harry Elmer (Ed.); Bigelow, Karl Worth; Brunhes, Jean; Givler, Robert Chenault; Goldenweiser, Alexander; Hankins, Frank Hamilton; Parshley, Howard Madison; Pound, Roscoe; Shepard, Walter James; Young, Kimball
26. How to do research work: A manual of research procedure presenting a simple explanation of the principles underlying research methods, © 1926, by Schluter, W. C.
27. Human behavior: A first book in psychology for teachers (2nd ed. rev.), © 1930, by Colvin, Stephen S.; Bagley, William C.; MacDonald, Marion E. (Col.)
28. Human neuroanatomy (2nd ed.), © 1948, by Strong, Oliver S.; Elwyn, Adolph
29. Hypnosis and you, © 1956, by Tawney, Howard D.; Benson, Ben
30. Individual development, © 1955, by Frank, Lawrence K.
31. The influence of nurture upon native differences, © 1926, by Kelley, Truman Lee
32. Intelligence tests: Their significance for school and society, © 1928, by Dearborn, Walter Fenno
33. An introduction to physical anthropology (3rd ed.), © 1960, by Montagu, M. F. Ashley
34. Mental evolution in man: Origin of human faculty, © 1888, by Romanes, George John
35. Mental tests in clinical practice, © 1927, by Wells, F. L.
…. For a full list of all 79 classic books that were published to PsycBOOKS in September, please email Jennie Simning at Librarian@capella.edu.
Note: To read any of the these ebooks – go to the Library’s Databases A-Z page. Scroll down and click PsycBOOKs. Once in the database, type in the book title.