PsycBOOKS added the following titles to its coverage list in May 2012. Of the titles added, 3 were APA books and 27 were designated classic books. Classic books are landmark titles in psychology and are selected by APA experts.
1. Bilingualism and cognition: Informing research, pedagogy, and policy, ©2011, by García, Eugene C.; Náñez, José. ISBN: 1-4338-0879-X
2. Malpractice in psychology: A practical resource for clinicians, © 2011, by Shapiro, David L.; Smith, Steven R. ISBN: 1-4338-0895-1
3. Self-regulation: Brain, cognition, and development, © 2011, by Berger, Andrea. ISBN: 1-4338-0971-0
4. The anatomy and philosophy of expression, as connected with the fine arts (4th ed.), © 1847, by Bell, Charles
5. The anthropological treatises of Johann Friedrich Blumenbach, © 1865, by Blumenbach, Johann Friedrich; Bendyshe, Thomas (Trans.)
6. Bockshammer on the freedom of the human will, © 1835, by Bockshammer, Gustave Ferdinand; Kaufman, A., Jr. (Cont.)
7. Child psychology, © 1937, by Brooks, Fowler D.; Shaffer, Laurance F. (Col.)
8. Cooperation and competition among primitive peoples, © 1937, by Mead, Margaret (Ed.)
9. Critical and miscellaneous essays: To which are added a few poems, ©1845, by Everett, Alexander H.
10. De l’esprit: or, Essays on the mind and its several faculties, © 1759, by Helvetius
11. A discourse upon the nature and faculties of man, in several essays: With some considerations upon the occurrences of humane life, © 1697, by Nurse, Tim
12. Dissertation concerning liberty and necessity; containing remarks on the essays of Dr. Samuel West, and on the writings of several other authors on those subjects, © 1797, by Edwards, Jonathan
13. Doctrine of the will determined by an appeal to consciousness, © 1840, by Tappan, Henry P.
14. Elements of logick; or a summary of the general principles and different modes of reasoning, © 1816, by Hedge, Levi
15. The elements of moral science, © 1856, by Wayland, Francis
16. Essay on instinct and its physical and moral relations, © 1824, by Hancock, Thomas
17. An examination of the advantages of solitude; and of its operations on the heart and mind; with an enquiry into its prejudicial influence on the imagination and passions, Vol. 1 (transl. from German), © 1805, by Zimmerman, John George
18. An examination of the late Reverend President Edwards’s ‘Enquiry on freedom of will’, © 1770, by Dana, James
19. Experiments on the principle of life, and particularly on the principle of the motions of the heart, and on the seat of this principle?, © 1813, by Le Gallois, M.; Nancrede, N. C. (Trans.); Nancrede, J. G.(Trans.)
20. Father Malebranche, his treatise concerning the search after truth; to which is added the author’s treatise of nature and grace: Being a consequence of the principles contained in the search, together with his answer to the animadversions upon the first volume: His defence against the accusations of monsieur De la Ville, etc, relating to the same subject (2nd ed. corr.), © 1700, by Malebranche, Nicolas; Taylor, T. (Trans.)
21. How to counsel students: A manual of techniques for clinical counselors, © 1939, by Williamson, E. G.
…. For a full list of all 27 classic books that were published to PsycBOOKS in April, please email Jennie Simning at Librarian@capella.edu.
Note: To read any of the these ebooks – go to the Library’s Databases A-Z page. Scroll down and click PsycBOOKs. Once in the database, type in the book title.