Cabell’s Directories of Publishing Opportunities is a database designed to help researchers and academics match their manuscripts with the scholarly journals which are most likely to publish those manuscripts.
Use Cabell’s Directories to:
- Find the rate of acceptance of manuscripts
– What kind of review process is used (i.e. editiorial board review, blind review, etc.)
– Determine if the journal is indexed in Thompson Reuters’ Journal Citation Reports (JCR).* (If an article is indexed through the JCR, it both increases the visibility of the journal and helps it attract higher quality submissions. **)
To Access Journal Information in Cabell’s:
1. Go to the Library’s Databases A-Z list. Scroll down and click on Cabell’s Directories of Publishing Opportunities.
2. From the list of Directories, select the one that best fits the type of research you did (e.g., Psychology & Psychiatry, Nursing, Management, etc.), then click the Access Selected Directory button on the top right.
3. You can either search for a journal by title by using the Journal Title Contains search box, OR you can simply click the Display Results button to see all the available journals in your chosen directory.
* Capella Library does not have a subscription to JCR.
** Description from University of Oulu, Toolbox of Research