Your request for an official Capella transcript is fulfilled through our vendor, Docufide by Parchment, a leading company in secure transcript delivery. They manage transcript processing and delivery, while Capella retains the official transcript data.*
To request your transcript, you will need to register with Docufide. Once you register with them and they have your electronic signature on file, future requests are easy to make.
The first step is to complete a Transcript Authorization Form (TAF) and sign it electronically, so Docufide can process your request for a Capella University official transcript. Requests will not be processes without the electronic signature.
To preview the registration process, review the step-by-step instruction guide.
- During the ordering process, you will select the recipient of your Capella transcript on the Select Destinations page. Use the Other Destinations tab to specify recipients of your transcript for both admission and employment purposes. Don't select Capella as a destination; we already have access to your transcript.
- As part of the one-time account setup and for identity verification, you will be asked to provide either your Capella student ID number, or the last 4 digits of your Social Security number.
- If you have an outstanding financial balance with Capella, your transcript cannot be released. If you have requested a transcript, Docufide will email you to tell you that your transcript is on hold. A transcript fee will be assessed, even if your transcript is on hold.
- If you think there might be a hold because of the status of your account, contact the Business Office at 1.866.933.5994 before ordering a transcript.
- If your transcript request has been placed on hold, you have 30 days to settle your Capella account, and then your transcript request will be fulfilled. If your account balance is not cleared within 30 days, your transcript order will be cancelled without a refund. If you cancel your order before the 30-day deadline, your transcript fee will be refunded in full.
To cancel or modify your existing transcript order, please contact Docufide directly by using one of the following options:
- Call Docufide's dedicated Capella customer service number: (888) 662-0873 Monday – Friday 10:00 a.m. – 7:00 p.m. Central Time. This number is exclusive to Capella learners and alumni only.
- Submit a Ticket if you have any questions
Cost and delivery time
Transcript fees vary depending on the delivery method selected, as well as other charges that may apply:
- Electronic transcript - typically within 24 hours. Cost: $5.00
- Standard paper/US mail - about 5 to 7 business days within the U.S. Cost: $7.00
- Overnight US mail - Cost: $32.00
Transcript processing fees must be paid by credit card, debit card, or Visa gift card at the time of order.
* Docufide is FERPA-compliant and follows all federal regulations for the privacy of educational records.
Request your official transcript.
View Docufide's frequently asked questions.