Harold Abel School of Social and Behavioral Sciences Department of Counseling
Doctor of PhilosophyUniversity of Connecticut, 1995
Major: Adult and Vocational Education
Master of ScienceUniversity of Rhode Island, 1987
Major: Counseling and Family Studies
Bachelor of ScienceFramingham State College, 1976
Major: Family and Consumer Science
Licensure & Certificates
American Association for Marriage and Family Therapy
Clinical Fellow - Marriage and Family Therapist
Certified Family Life Educator
- "Small Group "Sideswiping" Physician/Administrator Relationships in the 21st Century." Journal of Medical Group Management. 2001.
- "Transformative Learning in the Online Course Room." Adult Learning.
- "The Role of Type in Family Assessment and Treatment." CAPT National Conference Bulletin. 1999.
- "Understanding Abusive Relationships." Beacon, LCM. 2008.
- "The Lutheran Course on Marriage Workbook." Augusburg Fortress. 2006.
- "Positioned for Success: Guiding Transformative Learning for the 21st Century." Journal of Transformative Education.
- "Family Functioning and Psychological Type." Journal of Systemic Therapies. 2001.
- "Conflict Resolution: Understanding Ourselves in Relationships." Beacon, LCM. 2007.
- "Supporting Life Satisfaction for Dual-Career Adults." International Research on Adults in Higher Education. 1995.
- "The Circumplex Model with Adjudicated Youth's Families." Journal of Psychotherapy and the Family. 1987.
"(AAACE) 2010 National Conference." Meeting Students Where They Are At: Strategies for Connecting and Correcting in the Online Course Room.
Clearwater Beach, FL. October 2010.
"AAMFT National Conference." Marriage and Family Therapists within the Public Schools.
"AAACE National Conference." Enhancing Emotional Intelligence in the Adult Learner: A Critical Factor in Promoting Professional Leadership.
"AAACE National Conference." The Professional Attributes Evaluation Scale: Meeting our Ethical and Legal Challenge to Promote Professional Conduct.
"Two-Day Workshop." Laws of Effective Teaching.
Minneapolis, MN. October 2006.
"(AAACE) 2009 National Conference." There is No Back Row: The Transformative Power of Adult Online Education.
Cleveland, OH. November 2009.
"(AMHCA) 2009 National Conference." Mending Your Cup: The Process of Restoration. Presenter.
Washington DC. July 2009.
"AAACE National Conference." Promoting Professional Conduct: The Professional Attributes Evaluation Scale.
"AAMFT National Conference." Exploring Gender & Ethnicity in MFT: Virtual discussion Groups .
"The Collaboration for the Advancement of College Teaching and Learning." Leadership Development in Higher Education: Incorporating Emotional Development Strategies in the Classroom. .
Minnesota. January 2002.
"AAMFT National Conference." Systemic Learning Environment: Factor in Stress Management.
"Black Board 2009 World Conference." Practice Makes Perfect: Helping Faculty Transition from Presenting to Presence.
Washington, DC. July 2009.