Harold Abel School of Social and Behavioral Sciences Department of Counseling
Doctor of PhilosophyUniversity of Connecticut, 1995
Major: Adult and Vocational Education
Master of ScienceUniversity of Rhode Island, 1987
Major: Counseling and Family Studies
Bachelor of ScienceFramingham State College, 1976
Major: Family and Consumer Science
Licensure & Certificates
Certified Family Life Educator
American Association for Marriage and Family Therapy
Clinical Fellow - Marriage and Family Therapist
- "The Circumplex Model with Adjudicated Youth's Families." Journal of Psychotherapy and the Family. 1987.
- "Family Functioning and Psychological Type." Journal of Systemic Therapies. 2001.
- "Positioned for Success: Guiding Transformative Learning for the 21st Century." Journal of Transformative Education.
- "Small Group "Sideswiping" Physician/Administrator Relationships in the 21st Century." Journal of Medical Group Management. 2001.
- "Transformative Learning in the Online Course Room." Adult Learning.
- "The Lutheran Course on Marriage Workbook." Augusburg Fortress. 2006.
- "Understanding Abusive Relationships." Beacon, LCM. 2008.
- "Supporting Life Satisfaction for Dual-Career Adults." International Research on Adults in Higher Education. 1995.
- "Conflict Resolution: Understanding Ourselves in Relationships." Beacon, LCM. 2007.
- "The Role of Type in Family Assessment and Treatment." CAPT National Conference Bulletin. 1999.
"AAMFT National Conference." Exploring Gender & Ethnicity in MFT: Virtual discussion Groups .
"(AAACE) 2010 National Conference." Meeting Students Where They Are At: Strategies for Connecting and Correcting in the Online Course Room.
Clearwater Beach, FL. October 2010.
"AAACE National Conference." Promoting Professional Conduct: The Professional Attributes Evaluation Scale.
"AAACE National Conference." The Professional Attributes Evaluation Scale: Meeting our Ethical and Legal Challenge to Promote Professional Conduct.
"(AAACE) 2009 National Conference." There is No Back Row: The Transformative Power of Adult Online Education.
Cleveland, OH. November 2009.
"AAACE National Conference." Enhancing Emotional Intelligence in the Adult Learner: A Critical Factor in Promoting Professional Leadership.
"The Collaboration for the Advancement of College Teaching and Learning." Leadership Development in Higher Education: Incorporating Emotional Development Strategies in the Classroom. .
Minnesota. January 2002.
"(AMHCA) 2009 National Conference." Mending Your Cup: The Process of Restoration. Presenter.
Washington DC. July 2009.
"AAMFT National Conference." Marriage and Family Therapists within the Public Schools.
"Two-Day Workshop." Laws of Effective Teaching.
Minneapolis, MN. October 2006.
"AAMFT National Conference." Systemic Learning Environment: Factor in Stress Management.
"Black Board 2009 World Conference." Practice Makes Perfect: Helping Faculty Transition from Presenting to Presence.
Washington, DC. July 2009.