Flexpath Self-Paced Learning
A Revolutionary Way of Learning
FlexPath is a self-paced style of learning that helps you build the skills employers are looking for at a pace dictated entirely by you — without the constraints of preset deadlines. With FlexPath, knowledge gained on the job can help you move more rapidly through subjects you've had experience with, while allowing you more time to work through new or more challenging material.
Degrees earned through FlexPath are the same as what you'd receive through our traditional, credit-bearing programs. FlexPath is currently available only for Business, Information Technology and Psychology degree programs.
BS – Business Administration
BS – Health Care Management
BS – Human Resource Management
BS – Project Management
BS – Management and Leadership
MBA – Business Intelligence
MBA – Entrepreneurship
MBA – General Business Administration
MBA – Health Care Management
MBA – Human Resource Management
MBA – Project Management
Certificate – Business Intelligence *
Certificate – Business Management *
Certificate – Entrepreneurship *
Certificate – Management Consulting *
*In accordance with U.S. Department of Education (ED) direct assessment approval requirements, a notification to the ED is in process so that the Post-Baccalaureate Certificate FlexPath programs in Business Management, Entrepreneurship, Business Intelligence and Management Consulting may be eligible for federal financial aid. These certificate programs are currently not approved for federal financial aid. Capella University will keep applicants and learners interested in FlexPath fully informed of any decisions made by the ED.
*The FlexPath format for the BS in General Information Technology is not accredited by the Computing Accreditation Commission of ABET, http://www.abet.org.
Is FlexPath Right for You?
This quick and easy FlexPath Assessment will take approximately 5 – 7 minutes
How FlexPath Works
FlexPath allows you to earn your degree at your own pace. When you feel satisfied that you've learned the material, you’ll demonstrate your mastery of the key competencies. Faculty will then provide substantive feedback within 48 hours.
There are no preset deadlines. Rather, you’ll complete your work at your own pace, at any time during the course. You can move quickly through more familiar coursework or more slowly as you grasp new concepts and skills.
What Makes FlexPath Unique?
FlexPath is a more personalized approach to learning that allows you to:
- Leverage your skills and knowledge. You’ll master the key competencies of each course by completing an integrated series of assessments that simulate work you’ll be expected to do on the job.
- Work at your own pace. With no preset deadlines, you can move quickly through more familiar subjects, while taking more time with material you still need to grasp.
- Use your own source materials. You can complete your assessments using any resources you choose, including videos, articles, your own experiences or the course’s recommended textbooks and readings.
- Be assessed on your mastery of real-world skills. FlexPath doesn’t factor in grades, GPA, credits accumulated or the amount of time spent in a classroom. Rather, you’ll receive substantive feedback from faculty as to how well you’ve demonstrated your skill level in your assessment.
- Save time and money. No matter how many courses you complete, you’ll pay the same flat tuition rate each quarter. The faster your pace, the sooner you can complete your degree and the more money you’ll save.
A COO Has His Eye on CEO
Already a Chief Operating Officer, Rodney Showmar applies his past work experience to his FlexPath MBA coursework and beyond.
Earning an MBA Her Way
FlexPath is helping Maybeth Moses earn her MBA on a schedule that fits her busy work and home life.
Is FlexPath Right for You?
FlexPath students tend to be self-directed, highly motivated and comfortable learning independently. Successful FlexPath students enjoy:
- Setting goals and seeing them through
- Managing their time wisely and effectively
- Motivating themselves and working independently
- Learning in online environments
- Building and using a support network to help you stay on track
Save Time and Money with FlexPath
FlexPath can help you save money and graduate sooner by allowing you to complete as many courses as you can each quarter while paying one flat rate. The more courses you take per quarter the sooner you’ll graduate and the more money you’ll save.
Is self-paced learning a good option for someone you know? Introduce a friend to Capella today.