"If we knew what it was we were doing, it would not be called research, would it"
Research is like a voyage–it takes planning, a curious mind, an adventurous spirit, an awareness of your final destination, and perseverance, even when the road ahead looks rocky. At times it can be exhilarating–when you discover something new. At times it can be frustrating–when you hit a dead end. Locating and using information to develop new ideas is at the core of the scholarly voyage. Use the Scholarly Research Cycle to help guide your way.
This tutorial is for you if...
– You want to learn about doing scholarly research using the Library and Web.
– You need a few quick tips during your research process.
– It is assigned in a course.
– You are new to an online library.
– If you have only used Google to do research in the past.