Total program credits needed for graduation: 180
One academic quarter is three months. You will have a three-week break between each quarter.
To learn more, call 866.933.5835, or email us. When you connect with Capella, we will immediately put you in touch with an enrollment counselor trained to assist you with specific questions and needs for your area of interest.
General Education Requirements
As a Capella Bachelor’s student, you need 45 quarter credits to satisfy your general education requirements. You’ll need to choose a minimum of 6 quarter credits from each of the categories below. You’ll also select an additional 21 quarter credits of your choosing from any of the categories.
- Art History Survey (6 quarter credits)
- Introduction to the Humanities (6 quarter credits)
- Approaches to Studying Religions (3 quarter credits)
- Global Multiculturalism and World Religions (6 quarter credits)
- Introduction to Literature: Short Stories (3 quarter credits)
- Women's Literature (3 quarter credits)
- Introduction to Philosophy (6 quarter credits)
- Ethics (6 quarter credits)
- Bioethics and Society (3 quarter credits)
- Introduction to Logic (6 quarter credits)
- Ethics in Health Care (6 quarter credits)
- Microeconomics (6 quarter credits)
- Macroeconomics (6 quarter credits)
- Immigrants in the American City (3 quarter credits
- History of Health Care in America (3 quarter credits)
- Critical Aspects of American History (3 quarter credits)
- Introduction to Psychology (6 quarter credits)
- The Politics of American Government (6 quarter credits)
- Globalization (6 quarter credits)
- Introduction to Human Society (6 quarter credits)
- Cultural Diversity (6 quarter credits)
- Social Deviance (6 quarter credits)
Sophia Low-Cost General Education Courses
Sophia Pathways: An Accelerated, Flexible, Low-Cost Option for Fulfilling Your General Education Credits
Save money and take your Bachelor's general education required courses faster through Sophia Pathways: Capella’s self-paced learning partner. Just like at Capella, Sophia courses are offered online — only you can take them whenever you like, at your own pace, for a fraction of the cost.
Learn more about Sophia Pathways.
Additional Program Requirements
- Developing Business Thinking (6 quarter credits)†
42 course quarter credits. Select from the following:
- Developing a Business Perspective (6 quarter credits)‡ OR
- Developing a Business Perspective (6 quarter credits)§
- Fundamentals of Management (3 quarter credits)
- Fundamentals of Leadership (3 quarter credits)
- Fundamentals of Business Law (3 quarter credits)
- Fundamentals of Supply Chain Management (3 quarter credits)
- Fundamentals of Marketing and Sales (6 quarter credits)
- Fundamentals of Human Resource Management (6 quarter credits)
- Fundamentals of Organizational Communication (6 quarter credits)
- Fundamentals of Accounting (3 quarter credits)
- Fundamentals of Finance (3 quarter credits)
36 course quarter credits. Choose from the following:
- Ethics and Enterprise (6 quarter credits) Required course
In addition, choose 30 quarter credits of upper-division Business courses.
Choose 51 credits of additional undergraduate courses.
Taken during learner's final quarter.
- Business Capstone Project (6 quarter credits)
*This course has a prerequisite. Contact an enrollment counselor or refer to the course descriptions for more information.
†Learners who are determined to need additional support developing academic and professional writing and reading skills based on academic assessment must take BUS1003 during their first quarter.
‡Learners who have completed BUS1003 are required to take BUS3003.
§Learners who are not required to take BUS1003 are placed in BUS3007.
║Learners who have completed BUS1003 choose 33 quarter credits of additional undergraduate courses.
FlexPath Self-Paced Learning Option
If you’re highly motivated, looking to save time and money, and crave the freedom and flexibility of setting your own pace, you may want to consider FlexPath. Rather than face weekly deadlines, you’ll work at your own pace to complete a series of assessments for each course.
There’s no limit to the number of courses you can complete per session — you’ll still pay the same flat tuition rate every 12 weeks.
Take an Individual Course
Whether you're completing continuing education credits, want to see if online learning is right for you, or are simply interested in a specific topic, you can enroll in many of Capella's online courses without committing to a degree program. We recommend speaking first with an enrollment counselor to discuss your goals and ensure the credits you earn now can be applied to a degree program later.
If you have elective courses in your specialization, you may be able to use them to fulfill both your degree and concentration requirements at the same time. However, completing a concentration may extend your total credits beyond the requirements of your degree. Concentrations available for this specialization include:
- Business Intelligence
- Health Care Management
- Human Resource Management
- Management Leadership
- Project Management
To learn more, call 1.866.933.5835, or email us. When you connect with Capella, we will immediately put you in touch with an enrollment counselor trained to assist you with specific questions and needs for your area of interest.