BS Bachelor of Science in Public Safety Criminal Justice specialization
What You'll Learn
Outcome goals and graduates’ proficiency levels
These results show recent Capella graduates' proficiency levels in the expected learning outcomes for this program. Faculty make this assessment in the capstone course—the final course in which Capella students demonstrate what they’ve learned.
Bachelor of Science (BS) in Public Safety specializations
- Criminal Justice
- Emergency Management
- Homeland Security
Quality and Professional Relevance
- Capella faculty have extensive public safety experience in organizations such as the FBI, NYPD, Federal Bureau of Prisons, U.S. Customs, U.S. Army, and the Florida Division of Emergency Management.
- Capella is a preferred provider of higher education for the FBI National Academy Associates (FBINAA).
- Capella is the first and currently only university recognized by Quality Matters at the program level for our commitment to course quality assurance in support of our public safety programs.
- All Capella Public Safety specializations were developed in a post-9/11, post-Hurricane Katrina environment.
- The National Security Agency and the U.S. Department of Homeland Security have designated Capella a National Center of Academic Excellence in Information Assurance Education.
Expected Program Outcomes for All Specializations
- Manage causes and threats to public safety.
- Respond ethically and professionally to a variety of incidents that threaten public safety.
- Think critically about public safety issues.
- Evaluate impact of multiculturalism and diversity on the public safety discipline.
- Communicate effectively.
- Lead and manage public safety organizations.