BS Bachelor of Science in Psychology General Psychology specialization
What You'll Learn
Outcome goals and graduates’ proficiency levels
These results show recent Capella graduates' proficiency levels in the expected learning outcomes for this program. Faculty make this assessment in the capstone course—the final course in which Capella students demonstrate what they’ve learned.
- General Psychology
Quality and Professional Relevance
- Capella's BS in Psychology program is designed around the APA Guidelines for the Undergraduate Psychology Major.
- Capella's BS in Psychology faculty have a wide range of professional and academic experience.
- Capella's BS in Psychology curriculum reflects input from both academic and professional psychologists.
- Capella's BS in Psychology degree draws on the faculty and curriculum expertise of its graduate level programs in psychology and mental health.
Expected Program Outcomes for All Specializations
- Demonstrate familiarity with the major concepts, theoretical perspectives, empirical findings, and historical trends in psychology.
- Apply information analysis and research methods and use technology tools and applications appropriate for psychology.
- Develop effective communication and quantitative literacy skills.
- Use critical thinking, creative thinking, and problem-solving in psychology.
- Apply psychological principles to personal, social, and organizational issues.
- Demonstrate the ability to understand ethical behavior, tolerate ambiguity, value empirical evidence, and respect the complexity of sociocultural and international diversity.
- Conceptualize the application of one's values, skills, and knowledge of psychology to realize personal goals, professional opportunities, and societal needs.