Applicants must provide the following information for admission to Capella programs and specializations.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Transcript of any reported GED.
- A $50 non-refundable application fee. Fee is required to initiate an application for admission and must be paid as part of the application process. The fee covers the cost of transcript requests, transcript evaluation and other administrative costs.
- You must be at least 24 years old. This requirement may be waived for:
- Military applicants and veterans.
- Applicants with 24 or more quarter credits of prior college or university course work. (Transferable college course work and/or credentials that map to preapproved Prior Learning Assessment opportunities may be considered toward the 24-credit minimum equivalency total.)
- Applicants who do not have any credits eligible for transfer must successfully complete a university approved reading and writing assessment. By evaluating your skills prior to your first course, Capella can more effectively provide resources to prepare you for a successful learning experience.
- SAT and ACT are not required for admission.
95% of Capella undergraduate business alumni are likely or very likely to recommend their program.
Noel-Levitz Business Program Alumni Study, 2012
International Student Requirements
You are considered an international applicant if you completed your highest degree outside of the U.S., regardless of where you currently live. International applications include all U.S. citizens and non-U.S. citizens who have completed their most recent academic coursework, degree, or credential at an institution outside the U.S.
In addition to the above admission requirements, you will need to submit these materials:
- Minimum scores and acceptable tests for proof of English proficiency
- Transcript evaluation
Learn more about international student admissions.
Request a University Guide.