BS Bachelor of Science in Information Technology Minor: Network Technology: Microsoft specialization
What You'll Learn
Outcome goals and graduates’ proficiency levels
These results show recent Capella graduates' proficiency levels in the expected learning outcomes for this program. Faculty make this assessment in the capstone course—the final course in which Capella students demonstrate what they’ve learned.
Bachelor of Science (BS) in Information Technology (IT) specializations
- General Information Technology
- Health Information Technology
- Information Assurance and Security
- Project Management
Bachelor of Science (BS) in Information Technology (IT) Minors
- BS in IT, minor in Network Technology: Cisco
- BS in IT, minor in Network Technology: Microsoft
- BS in IT, Minor in System Development: Mobile
- BS in IT, Minor in System Development: Web Application
Quality and Professional Relevance
- Capella's BS in IT degree program is accredited by ABET, the recognized accreditor for college and university programs in applied science, computing, engineering, and technology. ABET accreditation is an important indicator of Capella's dedication to educational quality and the goal of preparing our graduates for entry or advancement in the IT profession.
- The Project Management (PMI®) Global Accreditation Center for Project Management (GAC) has accredited the Project Management specializations in the following degree programs: BS-IT, BS-Business, MBA, MS-IT. Enrollment and graduation data are available.
- Our MS, MBA, and BS project management curriculum is designed around A Guide to the Project Management Body of Knowledge (PMBOK® Guide).
- Capella is designated a National Center of Excellence in Information Assurance Education by the National Security Agency and the Department of Homeland Security.
- Capella’s MS Information Assurance and Security specialization offers the option to take course sequences that meet national standards 4011 and 4013, as certified by the Committee on National Security Systems (CNSS). Learn more about CNSS at www.cnss.gov.
- Industry certifications, such as the PMP®, CISSP, or SSCP, and prior work experience may help shorten the time to graduation through Capella’s competency-based Prior Learning Assessment.