- Nursing diploma or associate's degree in nursing.
- Your official transcripts, reflecting a minimum grade point average of 2.0 or higher on a 4.0 scale.
- Current, unrestricted RN license (or its equivalent) to practice in at least one United States jurisdiction.
- RN license verification acknowledgement formPDF verifying that you hold a current, unrestricted RN license (or its equivalent) to practice in the United States.
- A $50 non-refundable application fee. Fee is required to initiate an application for admission and must be paid as part of the application process. The fee covers the cost of transcript requests, transcript evaluation and other administrative costs.
- Applicants who do not have any credits eligible for transfer must successfully complete a university-approved reading and writing assessment. By evaluating your skills prior to your first course, Capella can more effectively provide resources to prepare you for a successful learning experience.
- SAT and ACT are not required for admission.
FlexPath Admission Requirements
Applicants for our FlexPath Self-Paced Learning option must also meet the following criteria:
- High school diploma or equivalent and 45 transferable college credits.
- The recommended minimum GPA is 3.0. Applicants with lower GPAs may be considered by providing additional documentation for a holistic review.
To learn more, call 1.877.295.6782, or email us. When you connect with Capella, we will immediately put you in touch with an enrollment counselor trained to assist you with specific questions and needs for your area of interest.
International Student Requirements
You are considered an international applicant if you completed your highest degree outside of the U.S., regardless of where you currently live. International applications include all U.S. citizens and non-U.S. citizens who have completed their most recent academic course work, degree, or credential at an institution outside the U.S.
In addition to the above admission requirements, you will need to submit these materials:
- Minimum scores and acceptable tests for proof of English proficiency
- Transcript evaluation
Learn more about international student admissions.