Applicants to this certificate program must provide the following information for admission.
- Bachelor's degree from an institution accredited by a U.S. Department of Education-recognized accrediting agency or an internationally recognized institution
- Grade point average of 2.3 or higher on a 4.0 scale
- A $50 non-refundable application fee is required for initiating an application for admission and may be paid as part of the application process.
FlexPath Admission Requirements
Applicants for our FlexPath Self-Paced Learning option must also meet the following criteria:
- You must have a Bachelor's degree in business or a similar field (e.g. accounting, finance, marketing, management).
- If you have a Bachelor's degree from another field, you will need to show 5 years of relevant, professional business experience.
- You must hold a cumulative grade point average of 2.50 or higher on previous undergraduate course work.
- Applicants that do not meet the GPA and/or experience requirements will be required to submit additional documents for review.
*In accordance with U.S. Department of Education (ED) direct assessment approval requirements, a notification to the ED is in process so that the Post-Baccalaureate Certificate FlexPath programs in Business Management, Entrepreneurship, Business Intelligence and Management Consulting may be eligible for federal financial aid. These certificate programs are currently not approved for federal financial aid. Capella University will keep applicants and learners interested in FlexPath fully informed of any decisions made by the ED.
International Student Requirements
You are considered an international applicant if you completed your highest degree outside of the U.S., regardless of where you currently live. International applications include all U.S. citizens and non-U.S. citizens who have completed their most recent academic coursework, degree, or credential at an institution outside the U.S.
In addition to the above admission requirements, you will need to submit these materials:
- Minimum scores and acceptable tests for proof of English proficiency
- Transcript evaluation
Learn more about international student admissions.