Career Outcomes & Job Titles
People who choose an online human resource management degree often pursue leadership, consulting or faculty positions in the field of human resources and employee development.
Potential Employment Settings
- Consulting firm
- Government — local, state, federal
- Land-based or online college or university
- Non-governmental organization
- Nonprofit organization
- Public and private education
- Varies based on consulting client
Common Job Titles/Positions*
- Adjunct or part-time faculty (practitioner-focused teaching)
- Director/vice president compensation and benefits
- Director/vice president EEO and/or diversity
- Director/vice president human resource development
- Director/vice president labor relations
- Director/vice president talent acquisition
- Human capital manager
- Human resource business partner
- Human resource consultant
- Human resource director
- Human resource generalist
- Human resource manager
- Independent/free agent consultant
- Senior human resource manager
- Vice president, human resources
*These examples are intended to serve as a general guide. Many factors determine what position an individual may attain and Capella can't guarantee a graduate will secure any specific job title.
School of Business and Technology Doctoral Degree Graduates
Data from graduates across all Business and Technology doctoral programs have been combined for these Career Outcomes results.
The graphs below show some key findings from Capella's Alumni Outcomes Survey. We use this information to help improve our courses, programs and services and to give you an idea of how alumni are using their degrees.
Percentage of respondents who answered "strongly agree" or "agree"
Source: Responses to the Alumni Outcomes Survey one year after graduation. The data were collected during Q2 2014 – Q1 2015.
Percentage of respondents who indicated they had accomplished each item
Source: Responses to the Alumni Outcomes Survey one year after graduation. The data were collected during Q3 2011 – Q2 2012.