Career Outcomes & Job Titles
People who choose an online marketing degree often pursue leadership, consulting or teaching positions in the area of marketing.
Potential Employment Settings
- Community college
- Consulting firm
- Government—local, state, federal
- Land-based or online college or university
- Nonprofit organization
Common Job Titles/Positions*
- Adjunct or part-time faculty (practitioner-focused teaching)
- Chief executive officer (CEO)
- Chief marketing officer (CMO)
- Director of marketing
- Director/vice president in brand management
- Director/vice president in product management
- Director/vice president of business development
- Director/vice president of market research
- Marketing consultant
- Senior marketing manager
- Vice president of marketing
*These examples are intended to serve as a general guide. Many factors determine what position an individual may attain and Capella can't guarantee a graduate will secure any specific job title.
School of Business and Technology Doctoral Degree Graduates
Data from graduates across all Business and Technology doctoral programs have been combined for these Career Outcomes results.
The graphs below show some key findings from Capella's Alumni Outcomes Survey. We use this information to help improve our courses, programs and services and to give you an idea of how alumni are using their degrees.
Percentage of respondents who answered "strongly agree" or "agree"
Source: Responses to the Alumni Outcomes Survey one year after graduation. The data were collected during Q2 2014 – Q1 2015.
Percentage of respondents who indicated they had accomplished each item
Source: Responses to the Alumni Outcomes Survey one year after graduation. The data were collected during Q3 2011 – Q2 2012.