Total program credits needed for graduation: 76
One academic quarter is three months. You will have a three-week break between each quarter.
42 course quarter credits.
- Collaboration, Communication, and Case Analysis for Doctoral Learners (4 quarter credits)
- Innovative Business Practices in Health Care (6 quarter credits)
- Strategic Financial Management in Health Care (6 quarter credits)
- Health Care Policy Processes (6 quarter credits)
- 21st-Century Health Care Leadership (4 quarter credits)
- Preparing for the Professional Doctorate in Nursing and Health Sciences (4 quarter credits)
- Scholarship in Nursing and Health Sciences (4 quarter credits)
18 course quarter credits. Choose three from the following courses.
- Health Policy in the United States (6 quarter credits)
- Global Health Policy (6 quarter credits)
- Policy Advocacy and Analysis (6 quarter credits)
- Strategic Vision and Planning in Health Care (6 quarter credits)
- Evidence-Based Leadership in Health Care (6 quarter credits)
- Cultivating Excellence in Health Care Leadership in a Consumer-Driven Market (6 quarter credits)
- Health Data Analytics in Quality (6 quarter credits)
- Performance Management and Process Improvement (6 quarter credits)
- Patient Safety, Accreditation, and Regulation in Health Care (6 quarter credits)
Learners must register for DHA9971 a minimum of four times to fulfill their program requirements. 16 course quarter credits.
- Doctoral Capstone: Paper (4 quarter credits each)†
† Learners are responsible for the cost of their travel, accommodations, food, and other expenses associated with this course.
*This course has a prerequisite. Contact an enrollment counselor or refer to the course descriptions for more information.
Take an Individual Course
Whether you're completing continuing education credits, want to see if online learning is right for you, or are simply interested in a specific topic, you can enroll in many of Capella's online courses without committing to a degree program. We recommend speaking first with an enrollment counselor to discuss your goals and ensure the credits you earn now can be applied to a degree program later.
To learn more, call 877.291.9272, or email us. When you connect with Capella, we will immediately put you in touch with an enrollment counselor trained to assist you with specific questions and needs for your area of interest.