DNP Doctor of Nursing Practice Doctor of Nursing Practice
Applicants to the DNP program must provide the following information for admission:
- Master's degree in nursing from an institution accredited by a U.S. Department of Education-recognized accrediting agency or an internationally recognized institution.
- Have a non-nursing master’s degree? See our DNP Preparatory program to help transition to your DNP
- Your official master's transcripts, minimum grade point average of 3.0 or higher on a 4.0 scale.
- A $50 non-refundable application fee. Fee is required to initiate an application for admission and must be paid as part of the application process. The fee covers the cost of transcript requests, transcript evaluation and other administrative costs.
- RN license verification and work experience acknowledgement form that verifies:
- Your current, unrestricted RN license (or its equivalent) to practice in the United States.
- 1 year of licensed RN work experience or current employment as an RN.
- GRE and GMAT are not required for admission.
To learn more, call 1.877.291.9270 or email an enrollment counselor. When you connect with Capella, we will immediately put you in touch with an enrollment counselor who is trained to assist you with specific questions and needs for your area of interest.
International Student Requirements
You are considered an international applicant if you completed your highest degree outside of the U.S., regardless of where you currently live. International applications include all U.S. citizens and non-U.S. citizens who have completed their most recent academic coursework, degree, or credential at an institution outside the U.S.
In addition to the above admission requirements, you will need to submit these materials:
- Minimum scores and acceptable tests for proof of English proficiency
- Transcript evaluation
Learn more about international student admissions.
Request a University Guide.