DNP Doctor of Nursing Practice Doctor of Nursing Practice
Total program credits needed for graduation: 52
One six-day residential colloquium (DNP-R8016)
Field Experience Requirements
Minimum of 1,000 field experience hours
Courses (each course (4 quarter credits), each field experience (1 quarter credit)
All courses taken in the following sequence:
- Theoretical Foundations and Applications* (4 quarter credits)
- DNP Field Experience 1*† (1 quarter credit)
- Contemporary Issues in Advanced Nursing Practice* (4 quarter credits)
- DNP Field Experience 2*† (1 quarter credit)
- Investigation, Discovery, and Integration* (4 quarter credits)
- DNP Field Experience 3*† (1 quarter credit)
- Policy and Advocacy in Advanced Nursing Practice* (4 quarter credits)
- DNP Field Experience 4*† (1 quarter credit)
- Executive Leadership and Ethics in Health Care* (4 quarter credits)
- DNP Field Experience 5*† (1 quarter credit)
- Management in Advanced Contemporary Nursing* (4 quarter credits)
- DNP Field Experience 6*† (1 quarter credit)
- Nursing Technology and Health Care Information Systems* (4 quarter credits)
- DNP Field Experience 7*† (1 quarter credit)
- Global Population Health* (4 quarter credits)
- DNP Field Experience 8*† (1 quarter credit)
- DNP Capstone 1* (4 quarter credits)
- DNP Field Experience 9*† (1 quarter credit)
- DNP Capstone 2* (4 quarter credits)
- DNP Field Experience 10*† (1 quarter credit)
- DNP Residential Colloquium*† (2 quarter credits)
*This course has a prerequisite. Contact an enrollment counselor or refer to the course descriptions for more information.
North Dakota and North Carolina residents are currently not eligible to enroll in this program.
+Learners are responsible for the cost of their travel, accommodations, food, and other expenses associated with this course.
The DNP in Nursing Practice specialization requires certain conditions of enrollment that learners must maintain throughout their program, including a current, unrestricted RN license and submitting to an annual background check (fees apply).
To support your academic and professional success, residential colloquia provide learning and community-building experiences in a stimulating scholarly environment. For this specialization, you must complete one six-day colloquia (DNP-R8016).
To learn more, call 1.877.291.9270 or email an enrollment counselor.
Sign Up for a Free One-Week Mini Course
Learn more about our online learning experience with a free one-week mini course.