DRPH Doctor of Public Health Health Advocacy and Leadership specialization
What You'll Learn
Outcome goals and graduates' proficiency levels
Each doctoral program and specialization is designed around expected learning outcomes (see Expected Program Outcomes below). End of program performance is determined during the comprehensive exam and dissertation process. Because the work is unique to each learner's dissertation or research topic and the criteria for evaluation are aligned to that work, we do not collect data on proficiency levels for doctoral programs.
Doctor of Public Health (DrPH) specializations
- Health Advocacy and Leadership
Quality and Professional Relevance
- Capella is one of the few universities offering a DrPH program online.
- Capella is the only online university offering bachelor's, master's, and doctoral programs in public administration, public safety, and health care.
- Capella's DrPH program is designed around leading national public health standards.
- Capella University's public service leadership platform is comprehensive, with broad degree offerings, expert faculty, experienced peers, and advanced learning technology.
Expected Program Outcomes for All Specializations
- Evaluate public health theories and professional practices from a national and international perspective.
- Analyze and apply multidisciplinary research to the design of public health programs and surveillance systems.
- Devise policy implementation strategies from a systems perspective.
- Analyze epidemiological data and evaluate the efficacy of public health policies.
- Lead collaboratively with integrity and social responsibility.
- Create equitable public health solutions for diverse and vulnerable populations in the global community.
- Think critically and communicate effectively.