Applicants must provide the following information for admission to Capella programs and specializations.
- Master’s degree in social work from an institution accredited by the Council on Social Work Education (CSWE).
- Your official master’s transcripts, minimum grade point average of 3.0 or higher on a 4.0 scale.
- A $50 non-refundable application fee. Fee is required to initiate an application for admission and must be paid as part of the application process. The fee covers the cost of transcript requests, transcript evaluation and other administrative costs.
- A cohort auto-registration formPDF that permits Capella to automatically register you for the appropriate courses. This structure allows you to progress through your program with the same group of students, enhancing your opportunities to gain skills and knowledge and develop professional networking relationships with other students.
- GRE and GMAT are not required for admission.
To learn more, call 1.877.295.6786, or email us. When you connect with Capella, we will immediately put you in touch with an enrollment counselor trained to assist you with specific questions and needs for your area of interest.
International Student Requirements
You are considered an international applicant if you completed your highest degree outside of the U.S., regardless of where you currently live. International applications include all U.S. citizens and non-U.S. citizens who have completed their most recent academic course work, degree, or credential at an institution outside the U.S.
In addition to the above admission requirements, you will need to submit these materials:
- Minimum scores and acceptable tests for proof of English proficiency
- Transcript evaluation
Learn more about international student admissions.