DSW Doctor of Social Work General Social Work specialization
What You'll Learn
Outcome goals and graduates' proficiency levels
Each doctoral program and specialization is designed around expected learning outcomes (see Expected Program Outcomes below). End of program performance is determined during the comprehensive exam and dissertation process. Because the work is unique to each learner's dissertation or research topic and the criteria for evaluation are aligned to that work, we do not collect data on proficiency levels for doctoral programs.
Doctor of Social Work (DSW) specialization
- General Social Work
Quality and Professional Relevance
- Capella is one of the few universities offering an online DSW program. This allows social work practitioners and educators an opportunity to seek a professional doctoral degree online without relocating or putting their careers on hold.
- Capella's DSW program is designed around national social work education guidelines and includes input from social work faculty and practitioners with current knowledge of the field.
- For the dissertation, learners will develop an action-based research project that contributes to the solution of a recognized problem in the field.
Expected Program Outcomes
- Advocate for social justice and policy change for the betterment of humanity.
- Act ethically and professionally within the field of social work.
- Provide leadership that promotes sustainable change in social service programs and practice to improve the quality of the field of social work.
- Apply theory, knowledge, and research and develop innovative approaches to social issues.
- Effectively communicate to diverse audiences in multiple formats.
- Use technology to further advance practice within the field of social work.
- Build awareness of the implications of social issues in global and diverse societies.