EDD Doctor of Education Reading and Literacy specialization
Total program credits needed for graduation: 78
54 course quarter credits.
- Theoretical Models and Processes of Literacy (6 quarter credits)
- Foundations of Reading and Literacy* (6 quarter credits)
- Reading and Literacy Assessment and Evaluation* (6 quarter credits)
- Leading and Managing Literacy Programs* (6 quarter credits)
- Data-Driven Decision Making in Literacy Programs* (6 quarter credits)
- Grant Writing and Policy for Reading and Literacy Programs (6 quarter credits)
- Literacy in School and Community Contexts* (6 quarter credits)
- Leading and Managing Professional Development* (6 quarter credits)
- Reading and Literacy Internship*+ (6 quarter credits)
24 course quarter credits.
- Dissertation Courseroom (non-credit)
- Dissertation Research 1* (6 quarter credits)
- Dissertation Research 2* (6 quarter credits)
- Dissertation Research 3* (6 quarter credits)
- Dissertation Research 4* (6 quarter credits)
*This course has a prerequisite. Contact an enrollment counselor or refer to the course descriptions for more information.
North Carolina residents are currently not eligible to enroll in this program.
This specialization is not currently state-approved and will not lead to endorsement until state approval is received.
+Learners are responsible for the cost of their travel, accommodations, food, and other expenses associated with this course.
Sign Up for a Free One-Week Mini Course
Learn more about our online learning experience with a free one-week mini course.
Take a Single Course
You can enroll in any of our online courses without committing to a degree program. Simply sign up for a single course today — whether you're interested in a specific topic or just want to see if online learning is right for you. We recommend speaking first with an enrollment counselor to discuss your goals and ensure the credits you earn now can be applied to a degree program later.
To learn more, call 1.866.933.5981 or email an enrollment counselor.