EDS Education Specialist Curriculum and Instruction specialization
Total program credits needed for graduation: 48
8 course quarter credits.
- Education: Purpose, Theory, and Practice (4 quarter credits)
- Educational Research Methods (4 quarter credits)
40 course quarter credits.
- Teaching and Learning with Diverse Populations (4 quarter credits)
- Teacher Supervision and Evaluation (4 quarter credits)
- Principles of Educational Administration (4 quarter credits)
- The Funding of Educational Institutions (4 quarter credits)
- Advanced Curriculum Mapping: Reflection and Practice (4 quarter credits)
- Advanced Instruction and Assessment: Theory and Practice (4 quarter credits)
- Advanced Collaboration for the Improvement of Curriculum and Instruction (4 quarter credits)
- Advanced Curriculum and Instruction: Program Evaluation (4 quarter credits)
- Curriculum and Instruction Internship 1* (4 quarter credits)
- Curriculum and Instruction Internship 2* (4 quarter credits)
*This course has a prerequisite. Contact an enrollment counselor or refer to the course descriptions for more information.
North Carolina residents are currently not eligible to enroll in this program.
There are many ways to reduce tuition costs, including transferring credits which can help save time and money. You can transfer up to 12 credits into this specialization.
Sign Up for a Free One-Week Mini Course
Learn more about our online learning experience with a free one-week mini course.
Take a Single Course
You can enroll in any of our online courses without committing to a degree program. Simply sign up for a single course today — whether you're interested in a specific topic or just want to see if online learning is right for you. We recommend speaking first with an enrollment counselor to discuss your goals and ensure the credits you earn now can be applied to a degree program later.
To learn more, call 1.866.933.5974 or email an enrollment counselor.