MS Master of Science in Addiction Counseling General Addiction Counseling specialization
What You'll Learn
Outcome goals and graduates’ proficiency levels
We have not yet collected enough information to publish learning outcome data for this program.
Master of Science (MS) in Addiction Counseling specialization
- General Addiction Counseling
- Graduates across all masters' counselor education specializations have a 77% pass rate on the National Counseling Exam.1
Quality and Professional Relevance
- Capella is the leader in online counseling education and offers a broad portfolio of counseling-related specializations.
- All members of Capella's counseling faculty hold doctoral degrees from accredited institutions.
Expected Program Outcomes
- Articulate knowledge, skills, and practices related to addiction counseling.
- Apply addiction counseling intervention and prevention theories, models, and approaches to individuals and groups.
- Deliver ethically, culturally and ethnicity sensitive counseling/therapy services to clients in practical settings.
- Select appropriate assessment interventions to evaluate, diagnose, and develop a treatment plan for clients.
- Analyze research and models of program evaluation for addiction counseling treatment and prevention.
- Apply principles of the diagnostic process.
- Communicate professionally through writing and effective collaborative interactions.
1Capella is notified of exam scores by the exam proctor only if the exam takers identify Capella as a recipient of their scores.