What You'll Learn
At Capella, we give you the tools, knowledge and support to help you measure and maximize your degree outcomes.
Learning You Can See
In addition to grades and ongoing feedback from your instructors, you will be able to visualize your progress in each of your courses.
Use this one-of-a-kind tool to know where you stand after each assignment and see where you might need extra help in your courses.
Your Degree Outcomes
This degree is aligned with external professional standards to help you obtain the relevant expertise to advance your career. Becoming proficient in these outcomes will allow you to meet the demands of your field.
By the successful completion of your degree program, you will have gained the following skills and knowledge:
- Articulate knowledge, skills, and practices related to addiction counseling.
- Apply addiction counseling intervention and prevention theories, models, and approaches to individuals and groups.
- Deliver ethically, culturally and ethnicity sensitive counseling/therapy services to clients in practical settings.
- Select appropriate assessment interventions to evaluate, diagnose, and develop a treatment plan for clients.
- Analyze research and models of program evaluation for addiction counseling treatment and prevention.
- Apply principles of the diagnostic process.
- Communicate professionally through writing and effective collaborative interactions.
View full learning and career outcomes report for this program at CapellaResults.com.