MS Master of Science in Higher Education Adult Education specialization
Total program credits needed for graduation: 48
16 quarter credits
- Foundational Skills for Master's Studies (4 quarter credits)
- Survey of Research Methodology (4 quarter credits)
- Overview of Higher Education* (4 quarter credits)
- Foundations of Higher Education Assessment and Evaluation (4 quarter credits)
28 quarter credits
- Foundations of Adult Education* (4 quarter credits)
- Theories and Principles of Adult Learning* (4 quarter credits)
- Multicultural Perspectives in Adult Education (4 quarter credits)
- Strategies and Best Practices for Teaching and Learning* (4 quarter credits)
- Assessment of Learning and Teaching in Adult Education* (4 quarter credits)
- Adult Education Program Development* (4 quarter credits)
- Adult Education Capstone* (4 quarter credits)
In addition, choose one of the following
4 quarter credits
Recommended elective courses
- Critical Skills for Facilitating Online Learning (4 quarter credits)
- Collaborative Nature of Adult Education (4 quarter credits)
- Strategies for Building Online Learning Communities (4 quarter credits)
- Student Development, Challenges, and Successes (4 quarter credits)
- Student Advising and Retention (4 quarter credits)
- Faculty Leadership (4 quarter credits)
- Effective Online Course Design, Delivery, Facilitation, and Assessment" (4 quarter credits)
*This course has a prerequisite. Contact an enrollment counselor or refer to the course descriptions for more information.
This program is not intended to lead to teacher certification. Teachers are advised to contact their individual school districts as to whether this program may qualify for salary advancement.
There are many ways to reduce tuition costs, including transferring credits which can help save time and money. You can transfer up to 12 credits into this specialization.
Sign Up for a Free One-Week Mini Course
Learn more about our online learning experience with a free one-week mini course.
Take a Single Course
You can enroll in any of our online courses without committing to a degree program. Simply sign up for a single course today — whether you're interested in a specific topic or just want to see if online learning is right for you. We recommend speaking first with an enrollment counselor to discuss your goals and ensure the credits you earn now can be applied to a degree program later.
To learn more, call 1.866.933.5842 or email an enrollment counselor.